The Student Room Group

Working at Primark - Q&A

Scroll to see replies

When you do a retail order to a different store ,do you usually get 2 receipts? 0_O I think I effed up an order today 😖

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by isabellexbelle
No problem, try not to worry about it and I'm sure you have a great chance, I have no experience and I got the job! The manager told me I would hear back in a week, and after feeling I'd messed up some of the questions I presumed I hadn't go the job when I didn't hear anything. I got a call a couple of weeks later saying I had! I was so surprised :smile:

Aww thanks haha. Like I think I answered some questions well.. because the manager had another part of the management team in ( she was sitting in on the interviews to gain experience as she wants to progress) and she winked at me with one of my answers haha. I do have some experience and it is only for over christmas but I really hope I manage. Thing being they kind of worried me when they said if you're unsuccessful you'll get an email back within 3 weeks...a long time to wait! And if you don't, we might not have a place for you even if you have been successful :/ Aww, that's great! I'm glad you got the job! :biggrin: I'm just unsure as with it being seasonal and being in the city, there's a lot of competition :/

When do you start? :smile:
Aw the wait is annoying, but it sounds like the interview went well then and I'm sure you have nothing to worry about! With experience I'm sure you have a competitive edge over many others who have no experience :smile: Thank you, I start at the end of September, I'm really nervous for the induction though :s-smilie:

Hopefully.. but I did kinda of ramble on some of them so i'm not sure haha. The person who went in after me had so much experience compared to me so that put me off a bit, but hopefully with it being seasonal they'll be hiring a lot of people.

Aww! It always is nerve wracking when you start a new job or you start new anywhere, but you've managed to get the job so i'm sure you'll do really well! The induction I had at asda I was really nervous for but it was ok.

I'm worried if i do get it because it's very fast paced haha.
I'm sure you'll do well though! Try and not get too stressed about it, i'm sure the induction will be okay!! :smile:
Somebody pull me out of my misery!!!!!!
Two receipts came out after a retail order & I didn't think about it until the man left ,it was so busy 😁😁
Did I double order?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NellyMelly
Somebody pull me out of my misery!!!!!!
Two receipts came out after a retail order & I didn't think about it until the man left ,it was so busy 😁😁
Did I double order?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i dont think so, most likely it was a customer feedback receipt
Original post by klika89
i dont think so, most likely it was a customer feedback receipt

Ohh ffs ,meant to post this on the Next Thread haha! Sorry
I'm panicking so much about it 😁
I'm going crazy

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have my induction coming up for a part time Saturday job, and on the email confirming the induction it says I will be working in the 'Acessories' department - this sounds stupid but does anyone know if this is the homeware and shoes part? Thank you :smile:

Bags, jewelry, hats, scarfs etc are accessories. Shoes and homewhere are there own separate departments.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Hi, I'm 14 years old and a really hard working student ! I was just wondering if u can get a job at primark at 14 and what are the hours and wage as I'm keen to get a job to help my family and my disabled brother xx
Reply 288
You have to be 16 to work at Primark. I think there are a few exceptions that allow 15 year olds to work, but its so much hassle, that the store I worked at never hired below the age of 16.
Reply 289
Hey, I have my induction next week and I was just wondering do I have to go to the customer service desk and tell them I have an induction? Oh, what type of pants do I have to wear, does it matter as long as their black? Thanks
Original post by Chlo55
Hey, I have my induction next week and I was just wondering do I have to go to the customer service desk and tell them I have an induction? Oh, what type of pants do I have to wear, does it matter as long as their black? Thanks

You can go to customer service or if your induction starts before the store opens, tell security at the doors that you have an induction and he/she will take you down to the staff room.
I just passed my interview and i have my induction on Saturday. However my contract hours are only 8 per week which is obviously not enough. Can i ask to increase my contract hours in the induction, and will they allow it? Thanks
Original post by tshombe123
I just passed my interview and i have my induction on Saturday. However my contract hours are only 8 per week which is obviously not enough. Can i ask to increase my contract hours in the induction, and will they allow it? Thanks

You will need to ask to see if there's any available overtime in the week day, the sheets coming in on Thursdays. This is the easiest way to extend your hours without a new contract.

You can make a request in writing explaining why you wish to extend your contract hours, but I don't think they will consider it if you do this within your probation period, so wait until your 3 months is up.

You can also apply internally for a full-time position (39 hours) when they come up, which isn't often. You will have to have another interview with your department manager if you do this.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xgabrielc
You will need to ask to see if there's any available overtime in the week day, the sheets coming in on Thursdays. This is the easiest way to extend your hours without a new contract.

You can make a request in writing explaining why you wish to extend your contract hours, but I don't think they will consider it if you do this within your probation period, so wait until your 3 months is up.

You can also apply internally for a full-time position (39 hours) when they come up, which isn't often. You will have to have another interview with your department manager if you do this.

That sucks... Won't be making that much money then as i'm only 17 and i get paid less than 18 year olds
Hi I've recently got a job at primark through the week does that mean Monday to Friday or do I get a day off not including weekend
Original post by Secret98
Hi I've recently got a job at primark through the week does that mean Monday to Friday or do I get a day off not including weekend

Weekday contracts are Mon-Fri, usually 20 hours a week. Weekends and bank holidays you have off.
I have applied at primark nearly 3 weeks ago and my application has been under review for 10 days? is it bad that i haven't heard back yet?
Original post by sophpaige
I have applied at primark nearly 3 weeks ago and my application has been under review for 10 days? is it bad that i haven't heard back yet?

it all depends how big is the store, but they should get back to you soon
Guys my store give us pay on the 27th every friday. If I work next week wednesday 25th and so-forth, will that add to the 27th pay or not? im hoping it does because i work weekends and im just doing overtime, but id like for the overtime on the 25th to add to the 27th?
Just do overtime whenever. For me I just ring up and ask for over time as I;m contracted 8 hours a week. I sometimes end up working 4 hours on Sundays and sometimes on my days off college during the week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending