The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BanDiversity
Well this is what happens when you put two people of a different race and religion together

happy.jpg

Imo Palestinians should just leave and go to another Arab country

I'm sorry, but I think you meant the Israelis should leave Palestine!
Original post by abruiseonthesky
Really? All I've seen of US media is pro-Israel, at least the Murdoch group.

I was referring to the UK, I've got no idea about what goes on in the US.
Original post by Rustled
Israeli police are investigating a wedding video in which ultra-Orthodox Jews can be seen brandishing weapons and stabbing a portrait of a murdered Arab baby.

:frown:

Extremist ;

jews - stab photos

muslims - blow themselves up

christian - burn crosses in southern states

hindus - purge minority communities in india

secular - stalinists, nazis etc

.... Extremism is existent and displeasurable for anybody to observe.
Original post by BioStudentx
Being able to practice your religion is a basic human right. How can you compare homosexuality and apostasy to what USA consider "acts against the law"? Last time I checked China and Iran had the highest execution rates.

most of the executions are not carried out due to apostasy and homosexuality, yes the law condemns it but it is unlikely that the individual would be executed

"only a small number of cases showing the application of these capital punishment laws were identified"30 June 2015Laws Criminalizing Apostasy - Library of Congress

also, according to Amnesty International, regarding the rates of execution - 5/10 were Muslim countries and 5/10 were non Muslim countries I mean your easy to say what Muslims are doing s incorrect what about the rest of the world?
Original post by MrKmas508
I've had a chat with an international student from Israel. Apparently the ultra Orthodox Jew birth rate is so high that in several years they might be the majority and they'll force there views upon the secular Jews and Muslims alike. I wonder how different an Orthodox Jewish treatment of Palestinians will be different when compared with secular Jews.

You may find this strange and difficult to believe, but highly religious Jews are often anti-Zionist.
Original post by GhettoSuperstar
You may find this strange and difficult to believe, but highly religious Jews are often anti-Zionist.

I was referring to the highly religous Jews who live in Israel, who are obviously not anti Zionist.
I was referring to the highly religous Jews who live in Israel, who are obviously not anti Zionist.

They really are, trust me.

They avoid taxes, avoid the draft, do everything they can to undermine Israel.
Original post by GhettoSuperstar
They really are, trust me.

They avoid taxes, avoid the draft, do everything they can to undermine Israel.

All I know is that they hate Palestinians with a passion.
Original post by abruiseonthesky
Yes because Palestinians should move from Palestine

So-called Palestinians are actually Jordanians so they should move back to Jordan.
Original post by FluffyCherry
I'm sorry, but I think you meant the Israelis should leave Palestine!

There are no Palestinians. They come from Syria and Jordan.
Original post by Edward_PoshPonce
The world has gone to sh*t...

Said everyone, ever.
That's only for apostasy and not homosexuality.

I'm not saying the Muslim countries are doing anything wrong (though they are). You've gone slightly on a tangent here. My point is this. Muslims are all of a sudden interested about "innocent people" dieing in the middle east but seem to mention Israel a lot more than anything else (despite the fact they are actually one of the most peaceful countries in the middle east). What they do around the rest of the world is irrelevant.

Exactly. Since 1948, 12 million deaths between Muslim sects and only 40,000 deaths in the Israel vs Palestine conflict (a large percentage of which have been Jews).
Original post by Willdono

Er, no. In fact, Jordan was very sparsely inhabited when the Hashemites first came to power. Large numbers of people have moved to Jordan, not from it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was referring to the UK, I've got no idea about what goes on in the US.

Yeah I'll agree with you on UK media.
So-called Palestinians are actually Jordanians so they should move back to Jordan.

Rightio.

And I suppose the Israeli's came from Mars?
Exactly. Since 1948, 12 million deaths between Muslim sects and only 40,000 deaths in the Israel vs Palestine conflict (a large percentage of which have been Jews).

There's no arguing with some people They don't like statistics. They just like to use anecdotal sob stories.
There's no arguing with some people They don't like statistics. They just like to use anecdotal sob stories.

See post 28 for some interesting statistics. :smile:

Very funny!! Palestinians belong to Palestine and it will always belong to them!
Israel is not even a country whether it's been declared a nation by the league of nations or not! Many countries don't even recognise it anyway!

The Israelis immigrated to Palestine and took their land by force!
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
See post 28 for some interesting statistics. :smile:

I just read a few ratios. What did I actually learn? I'm fully aware of the fact Israelis are better equipped (and thank god it is that way because I'd like to see the number of causalities if it was the other way round - It'd certainly be more than 40/50k in 67 years).

Latest

Trending

Trending