The Student Room Group

Can a similar question be asked in my AS?

image.jpg

This is a 2014 paper so the content may have been different. My textbook doesn't mention Fibrosis in the lungs, and the fact that this is an Explain question means I'd have to understand the science behind it.

It isn't really the type of question where they give you and example and you really have utilise your knowledge. I looked at the mark scheme and there is no way I could have gotten it. Firstly the only fibrosis I've heard of is cystic fibrosis and that's got more to do with mucus than the alveoli.

Attachment not found

If you don't talk about the alveoli and talk about the bronchi or the lungs you lose marks. I don't think this question is very fair, I dunno maybe it's just me.

Are these types of questions common in AS biology or do you think it was included in the specification of 2014?
I know how you feel, my bio teacher never went through lung disease with me but only how to interpret lung disease data. However, in the recent specimen papers released by AQA (assuming that's your exam board by the looks of it?) there were questions on lung disease, including Fibrosis, Asthma, TB and Emphysema.

I bought the 2015 AS CGP guide for biology and it explains all of those diseases really well so I definitely recommend you purchasing one too! If you can't, I don't mind sending you images of the relevant pages you need for your revision. Once you know the diseases in & out, their easy marks.
Reply 2
Original post by t.thompson22
I know how you feel, my bio teacher never went through lung disease with me but only how to interpret lung disease data. However, in the recent specimen papers released by AQA (assuming that's your exam board by the looks of it?) there were questions on lung disease, including Fibrosis, Asthma, TB and Emphysema.

I bought the 2015 AS CGP guide for biology and it explains all of those diseases really well so I definitely recommend you purchasing one too! If you can't, I don't mind sending you images of the relevant pages you need for your revision. Once you know the diseases in & out, their easy marks.

Oh right, I didn't know some text books had that. I think I'll purchase one since the course is linear. Thanks though :smile:.

Yes it isn't fair at all. Those sly little sneaks :sneakydevil:
Original post by Questioness
Oh right, I didn't know some text books had that. I think I'll purchase one since the course is linear. Thanks though :smile:.

Yes it isn't fair at all. Those sly little sneaks :sneakydevil:

Your welcome! It's cheapest on Amazon, or your school may supply it. If you have any more questions then don't hesitate to contact me!

Tom

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1782942831/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_TOy.wb4JMEPK1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending