The Student Room Group

MPharm interview experience

Hi guys I'm preparing for MPharm interview and I'm quite lost about preparing for the interview😭 Could you give me some tips?
Do I need to study chemistry or biology in case they ask me to explain?
How did you prepare for situational judgment questions?
I really hope to go the uk(I'm Japanese btw)
Original post by gowiththefloww
Hi guys I'm preparing for MPharm interview and I'm quite lost about preparing for the interview😭 Could you give me some tips?
Do I need to study chemistry or biology in case they ask me to explain?
How did you prepare for situational judgment questions?
I really hope to go the uk(I'm Japanese btw)

Hi! I'm currently a 3rd year MPharm student at Keele. My interview was mainly about why pharmacy, why keele, and problem-solving scenarios. I'm sure this can apply to your other interviews. They don't expect you to know a great amount but they want to see that you follow a logical train of thought and justify your answers. I would also look at the GPhC "Standards for Pharmacy Professionals" and think about them when you're answering. Your decision making as a pharmacy student and subsequently as a pharmacist, should keep them in mind, with patient-centred care and your duty of care of the patient's health being at the top of the list.
I'm not sure which unis you applied to, and the interview can vary from uni to uni, but generally speaking they tend to look for similar things. I assume it follows a similar structure of "why pharmacy, why [name of uni]" and some problem-solving scenarios or ethics
Most questions were not related to chemistry or biology, at least during my interview. If you want to prepare something to say about the pharmaceutical industry I'm sure they'd be more than happy to hear it, maybe in the "why pharmacy" question? Also consider what your uni is famous for (e.g. good research facilities?) if that's the case then if you're interested in pharmaceutical production and manufacturing, that would be something to mention!
Judgement questions can be pretty difficult but they just want to get an idea of your morals an values. For example you wouldn't give just anyone an addictive drug (let's say morphine for pain) without a prescription. Or for example they may ask you how to prioritise your tasks, helping an old lady first, a child, a pregnant woman. In that case you have to assess how urgent each of their situations are, and ask more questions (sometimes the interviewers can give you hints!) because it's never clear cut with pharmacy. Healthcare isn't black and white, there's always a grey area and you need to use your personal judgement to decide what's best to do, to reduce the risk of harm that can come to any patient. Hope that helps! Feel free to ask any more questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending