The Student Room Group

foundation or higher science gcse?

I was told today that i was on the verge of being put on foundation science (i do dual award), i told my teacher that i wanted to do higher but now i'm not so sure. I'm really bad at science, i don't understand it, i get D's mostly, don't think i've ever got more than that. I was also told that the entries for which tier have to be in by tomorrow? Don't know if that's true as i have been told that they can change what tier next month? What is foundation like? Which would be best for me?
Original post by Anonymous3765
I was told today that i was on the verge of being put on foundation science (i do dual award), i told my teacher that i wanted to do higher but now i'm not so sure. I'm really bad at science, i don't understand it, i get D's mostly, don't think i've ever got more than that. I was also told that the entries for which tier have to be in by tomorrow? Don't know if that's true as i have been told that they can change what tier next month? What is foundation like? Which would be best for me?

I wouldn't do foundation if i were you, do higher and then work on the areas you have struggled with. People get this mentality in their head that they are bad at something and 9 times out of 10 they simply aren't putting the effort in. This probably isn't what you wanted to hear but you need to put more effort into the subject if you are getting Ds. Think about it if you put the effort into that subject up to the exam you could get an A* :smile:.

By choosing foundation you are limited to a C grade, do you want to me mediocre or do you want to excel beyond your peers? Your choice.

Quick Reply

Latest