The Student Room Group

What gym equipment could you not live without?

what's most important like.......

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Dumbbells
Barbell and plates

Is there another answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
All tbh :indiff:
But if I were to choose..
it would be the treadmill :run:
Edit: might have read it wrong. I could live without all of them.. etc..
(edited 8 years ago)
Vending machine
Reply 5
dumbbells
Reply 6
Original post by Blondie987
Vending machine

LOL

oh you
Obviously BBs
Reply 8
Original post by ULTRALIGHT BEAM
Obviously BBs

true brah
personally I cant live without a foam roller and my therabands.... I get injured so often its unbelievable. I have a penchant for falling over, slipping, walking into radiators and pillars, tripping over, and falling down stairs so I have to keep stocked up with my own physio equipment to sort out any niggles myself so I don't have to wait 3 weeks for the referral to go through or pay £40 to go private for one session with the physio. But if you haven't got the inner ear equilibrium of a drunkard like I do, I'd probably say a decent pair of trainers given to you after a running expert tests your gait. Good footwear is essential in stability,shock absorbation and microreflexes. Even if you aren't running,in a workout wear running trainers, they'll hug your ankles enough to allow rapid movement and keep you from straining anything, provided you have good form. Don't just wear any old nike high tops to the gym like some idiots do. None of those boxing high tops either, they're for boxing and don't provide much room for dorsal movement. How many boxers have you seen wear those shoes outside the ring? none.
Original post by AmazingArry
personally I cant live without a foam roller and my therabands.... I get injured so often its unbelievable. I have a penchant for falling over, slipping, walking into radiators and pillars, tripping over, and falling down stairs so I have to keep stocked up with my own physio equipment to sort out any niggles myself so I don't have to wait 3 weeks for the referral to go through or pay £40 to go private for one session with the physio. But if you haven't got the inner ear equilibrium of a drunkard like I do, I'd probably say a decent pair of trainers given to you after a running expert tests your gait. Good footwear is essential in stability,shock absorbation and microreflexes. Even if you aren't running,in a workout wear running trainers, they'll hug your ankles enough to allow rapid movement and keep you from straining anything, provided you have good form. Don't just wear any old nike high tops to the gym like some idiots do. None of those boxing high tops either, they're for boxing and don't provide much room for dorsal movement. How many boxers have you seen wear those shoes outside the ring? none.

bless you
Probably the rowing machines:h: - I can get by with "real" running and cycling, and do some weight training at home, and for weights, you can utilise body weight

Plus, the fish game...:redface:
Reply 12
Olympic Barbell. Plates. Rack. You don't need anything else
Original post by Bill_Gates

what's most important like.......

the hot instructor
shakeaweight
Fork and knife
Reply 16
Squat rack
Dumbbells
Bench
Barbells
Plates
Rower for me.
Reply 18
When I used to go to the gym the shoulder press was directly opposite and just a few feet away from the leg adducter(?) or the one where women open their legs as far apart as possible for some reason.

I very much enjoyed doing the shoulder press when a fit woman was doing her leg thing.

I still have powerful shoulders many years later.

Does this count?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
Plates, bar, rack, pull up bar and bench as really good to have not essential.

I kind of need a ball too, my aches and pains get out of control without some rolling

Quick Reply

Latest