The Student Room Group

Question for Muslim Women

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bazzel
'oright sister, drop me a message innit fam. SISTER GET YOUR HIJAB ON'.

@Youngmetro
@Bazzel

Way to keep it on the thread topic guys! :biggrin: Lmao
Yeah well the thing is the Quran is a book that gives muslims a deep knowledge and understanding of life. The language used can be very complex and as stated in a previous comment you can't just pick out a verse and question it because you can take the whole meaning out of context. You would need to go back to the start of the chapter then ask the question, to make sure what you are asking is valid.
Reply 43
Original post by SuperStar#7
It's just basically following a faith without doing any ounce of personal research into the truth of it.

I urge you that researching any arguments against Islam will not only disassociate you from the religion, but might even lead you to denounce it as a lot of ex muslim women have done:smile:.

OK then, I won't research it, I'm happy as it's :smile:
Original post by muzi123
. based on tht hadith sex slavery is not allowed unless u marry .
and then your wife becomes your sex slave

obliged to supply sex on demand, or the angels will curse her until the morning

and if she insists in being disobedient - you can always have recourse to the special wife-beating toothbrush (miswak)

best
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lNurl
OK then, I won't research it, I'm happy as it's :smile:

well, anyone has the right to his/her approach to religion

however, you should research Islam : not only for religious reasons. It's also a huge part of humanity's culture and history (just like Christianity, Buddhism etc etc)

also, IMHO it makes little sense to follow all the outward aspects of the religion if someone does not believe they actually have some deeper signification

however, to each his/her own

best
Reply 46
Original post by mariachi
well, anyone has the right to his/her approach to religion

however, you should research Islam : not only for religious reasons. It's also a huge part of humanity's culture and history (just like Christianity, Buddhism etc etc)

also, IMHO it makes little sense to follow all the outward aspects of the religion if someone does not believe they actually have some deeper signification

however, to each his/her own

best

You are right actually, I should, but I think as Superstar said, I'm scared to know more bad things about religion, I don't want to lose my basic "faith".

I don't actually follow any backward teachings, and they have no significance in my daily life. I pick and chose and bend the religion around me whenever I need it, but in general, in public I rarely say I'm muslim, I say I believe in Allah/God, but I'm not practising.
Original post by lNurl
You are right actually, I should, but I think as Superstar said, I'm scared to know more bad things about religion, I don't want to lose my basic "faith"..
well, that may be OK, at least as a transitional phase...

and, in any case, few things in life are black or white : and, most of all in religious issues, where people have been disagreeing, squabbling and fighting for millennia without any result, except suffering and destruction

so, one might simply sidestep the entire shebang of organised religion, and go for a direct relationship with the meaning of life, how to act, how to treat others

and, if someone really wants to, he can call that "a relationship with God"

best
Reply 48
well, that may be OK, at least as a transitional phase...

and, in any case, few things in life are black or white : and, most of all in religious issues, where people have been disagreeing, squabbling and fighting for millennia without any result, except suffering and destruction

so, one might simply sidestep the entire shebang of organised religion, and go for a direct relationship with the meaning of life, how to act, how to treat others

and, if someone really wants to, he can call that "a relationship with God"

best

Exactly what you are telling :smile:
and then your wife becomes your sex slave

obliged to supply sex on demand, or the angels will curse her until the morning

and if she insists in being disobedient - you can always have recourse to the special wife-beating toothbrush (miswak)

best

No she is not forced to have sex i can show u multiple hadiths.

Only consensual .

U have your wife and u have your slaves your slave becomes your wife.
Allah said:وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا الْعَقَبَةُ فَكُّ رَقَبَةٍWhat will make you know what is the difficult path to Paradise? It is the freeing of a slave.Surah Al-Balad 90:12-13The Prophet particularly encouraged Muslims to free their female slaves and to marry them.Abu Burda reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:وَرَجُلٌ كَانَتْ عِنْدَهُ أَمَةٌ فَأَدَّبَهَا فَأَحْسَنَ تَأْدِيبَهَا وَعَلَّمَهَا فَأَحْسَنَ تَعْلِيمَهَا ثُمَّ أَعْتَقَهَا فَتَزَوَّجَهَا فَلَهُ أَجْرَانِThere is a double reward for a man who owns a servant girl and he mentors her, teaches her beautiful manners, educates her in the best way, and then he emancipates her and marries her.Source: Sahih Bukhari 97, Grade: Sahih

Since Islam strictly limited slavery and strongly encouraged freedom, it became clear to Muslim scholars over time that the intention of such legislation was to abolish slavery altogether and, consequently, the practice of concubinage. Today, the legal consensus among Muslim countries makes it unlawful to own slaves and by extension forbids concubinage.

Allah has forbidden prostitution or selling slave women for sexual service.Allah said:وَلَا تُكْرِهُوا فَتَيَاتِكُمْ عَلَى الْبِغَاءِ إِنْ أَرَدْنَ تَحَصُّنًا لِّتَبْتَغُوا عَرَضَ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَاDo not compel your slave girls to prostitution if they desire chastity, seeking thereby the interests of worldly life.

Umar condemned a man to death for having unlawful intercourse with a female captive he had acquired during war.
Original post by muzi123
No she is not forced to have sex i can show u multiple hadiths.

Only consensual .

U have your wife and u have your slaves your slave becomes your wife.
Allah said:وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا الْعَقَبَةُ فَكُّ رَقَبَةٍWhat will make you know what is the difficult path to Paradise? It is the freeing of a slave.Surah Al-Balad 90:12-13The Prophet particularly encouraged Muslims to free their female slaves and to marry them.Abu Burda reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:وَرَجُلٌ كَانَتْ عِنْدَهُ أَمَةٌ فَأَدَّبَهَا فَأَحْسَنَ تَأْدِيبَهَا وَعَلَّمَهَا فَأَحْسَنَ تَعْلِيمَهَا ثُمَّ أَعْتَقَهَا فَتَزَوَّجَهَا فَلَهُ أَجْرَانِThere is a double reward for a man who owns a servant girl and he mentors her, teaches her beautiful manners, educates her in the best way, and then he emancipates her and marries her.Source: Sahih Bukhari 97, Grade: Sahih

Since Islam strictly limited slavery and strongly encouraged freedom, it became clear to Muslim scholars over time that the intention of such legislation was to abolish slavery altogether and, consequently, the practice of concubinage. Today, the legal consensus among Muslim countries makes it unlawful to own slaves and by extension forbids concubinage.

Allah has forbidden prostitution or selling slave women for sexual service.Allah said:وَلَا تُكْرِهُوا فَتَيَاتِكُمْ عَلَى الْبِغَاءِ إِنْ أَرَدْنَ تَحَصُّنًا لِّتَبْتَغُوا عَرَضَ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَاDo not compel your slave girls to prostitution if they desire chastity, seeking thereby the interests of worldly life.

Umar condemned a man to death for having unlawful intercourse with a female captive he had acquired during war.

So your basically saying even if you have a wife you should go and marry a slave girl?
I love that no one took the time to respond to my post on the last page because it didn't fit with what they wanted which was to bash our religion.

Let me say something very clearly. Hadith =/= the Quran. You cannot change the meaning of something written clearly in the Quran based on a Hadith. One is written by God and the other by man.

In this instance, only consensual sex between two people living together (the man and the concubine) WAS*** halal back in 600AD when slavery was permissible (and that was under many rules which essentially meant they had to be treated like a free person - they have to be treated like an equal, be fed, clothed as you are, not beaten, not raped, you can't joke that you will free them because if you do that will free them, etc.). It is now HARAM to have slaves, therefore it is HARAM to have sex with slaves.

So essentially you're only continuing to argue about this because you want to paint Islam as a barbaric religion when it only goes by human nature.
Zina is haram in all contexts, people just misinterpret it differently tbh. Hella hmars.
Original post by lNurl
You are right actually, I should, but I think as Superstar said, I'm scared to know more bad things about religion, I don't want to lose my basic "faith".

I don't actually follow any backward teachings, and they have no significance in my daily life. I pick and chose and bend the religion around me whenever I need it, but in general, in public I rarely say I'm muslim, I say I believe in Allah/God, but I'm not practising.

*choose

WOW.

Errm, People who know me know that, if another user said that to me in an argument, they would be verbally dismantled, but your peaceful easy going nature prevents me from doing so.

You're just out to enjoy life, leaving the arguments to other people like me. I like that.:smile:
Original post by muzi123
No she is not forced to have sex
but then, she will have those pesky no-good angels annoying her and cursing her like there was no tomorrow

she will probably be unable to get a moment's sleep for the rest of the night - and then, even in her grave, when she might legitimately aspire to some rest, two of those angelical broad-shouldered bullies (Munkar and Nakir) will remind her that, on 22nd September 2025, at 2.35 a.m., she refused intercourse with her husband - and this will cost her a couple eons in the blazing fire...

Original post by muzi123
now, this really takes the Islamic cake..

You go on a legitimate jihad fi sabillillah (in the way of allah), capture a scrumptious kuffarette, dispatch her menfolk, have a halal intercourse with your right-hand possession (and no kinky shenanigans, either) and there comes Umar, declares this unlawful and sentences you to death ? I mean, where is all this going to lead us?

Shocked.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by SuperStar#7
*choose

WOW.

Errm, People who know me know that, if another user said that to me in an argument, they would be verbally dismantled, but your peaceful easy going nature prevents me from doing so.

You're just out to enjoy life, leaving the arguments to other people like me. I like that.:smile:

You have been banned :smile:
but then, she will have those pesky no-good angels annoying her and cursing her like there was no tomorrow

she will probably be unable to get a moment's sleep for the rest of the night - and then, even in her grave, when she might legitimately aspire to some rest, two of those angelical broad-shouldered bullies (Munkar and Nakir) will remind her that, on 22nd September 2025, at 2.35 a.m., she refused intercourse with her husband - and this will cost her a couple eons in the blazing fire...

Shocked.

U people dont really want answers but u want to debate.

If a wife has a problem whether medical will not be cursed. If she is in depression she will not be cursed. If she just says no to make the husband angry then the angels will be annoyed Curse means in arabic lanat deprived of mercy .Thats it. So in other words its not literal the angels will be annoyed at that woman all night.

No u dont go hell for that because in the top major and minor sins its not mentioned. Even the Quran doesnt say if wife refuses she will go hell. So its not a major sin. Also curse would be used for scare the wife meaning to fulfill her duty . Or it could just be used as an exaggeration emphasizing the fact that u should fufil your husband needs because if u dont it can lead to temper and then much worse can lead from that. In Islam u cant curse a believer Allah will never curse a believer so how about angels. Therefore the word curse in tht hadith cannot be taken literal but for an exaggeration or to emphasize to fulfill the needs. .
(edited 8 years ago)

You go on a legitimate jihad fi sabillillah (in the way of allah), capture a scrumptious kuffarette, dispatch her menfolk, have a halal intercourse with your right-hand possession (and no kinky shenanigans, either) and there comes Umar, declares this unlawful and sentences you to death ? I mean, where is all this going to lead us?

Shocked.

Quran says free slaves
the hadiths say free slaves aswell
Abu Musa Al-Ashari reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said:أَطْعِمُوا الْجَائِعَ وَعُودُوا الْمَرِيضَ وَفُكُّوا الْعَانِيَFeed the hungry, visit the sick, and set the captives free.Source: Sahih Bukhari 5058, Grade: Sahih

U cant go into battle and take a slave and have sex if u do u will be stoned to death. Thts unlawful. What u do is once the battle is over they have to accept Islam then if u want sex with her she has to agree 2 marry u if u marry her then its lawful thts why Quran says marry them.
Original post by Hopefulmedic15

In this instance, only consensual sex between two people living together (the man and the concubine) WAS*** halal back in 600AD when slavery was permissible (and that was under many rules which essentially meant they had to be treated like a free person - they have to be treated like an equal, be fed, clothed as you are, not beaten, not raped, you can't joke that you will free them because if you do that will free them, etc.). It is now HARAM to have slaves, therefore it is HARAM to have sex with slaves.

You mean, treated exactly like a free person, except for being free . I suppose you think that makes it OK?

If it is OK within the Koran to hold slaves, how has it since become forbidden, since the Koran represents your deity's will, and only what is in the Koran can change that? How does this contradiction arise in a book that is perfect?
Y u chatting bare **** for. Jump off this ak.

Quick Reply

Latest