The Student Room Group

Marraige advice

Im a 28 year old single muslim man, Ive always been bought up to respect women and not flirt around with them and I never have had much interaction with females. Ive been taught to be direct with women if I am interested in them and I know that in this day and age muslim girls want more of a friendship first. I met a girl and had a few convos however I was too direct when I approached her and I felt like I put her off as I was sure she was interested in me. I told her that I didnt mean to make things awkward etc and she was fine with it.

I am still interested in her however I feel I need to be more modernised etc in my approach. How should I go about it?
Original post by Anonymous
Im a 28 year old single muslim man, Ive always been bought up to respect women and not flirt around with them and I never have had much interaction with females. Ive been taught to be direct with women if I am interested in them and I know that in this day and age muslim girls want more of a friendship first. I met a girl and had a few convos however I was too direct when I approached her and I felt like I put her off as I was sure she was interested in me. I told her that I didnt mean to make things awkward etc and she was fine with it.

I am still interested in her however I feel I need to be more modernised etc in my approach. How should I go about it?

Salaam brother don’t creep her out or put her off if I were you I’d get to know her first understand if there would be compatibility and understanding if she does want to get married what are the traits she’d look for in a husband before making your intentions clear to her and then taking it from there by either awaiting the girl to ask her dad hand to marriage or you going to ask. I would also take this factor into consideration financial stability can you be able to prove and provide money for her and the both of you etc..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending