The Student Room Group

Sussex Downs College - Access to Medicine

Hi everyone

I am hopefully going to be applying to this course with the hope of completing it to obtain a qualification that is widely accepted by many Medical schools in the UK.

I was hoping I would be able to speak to people who have gone down this college route so that they can explain their experiences of the course, the application process of medical schools with this course, and also what sort of preparation the college may give to applicants on the course. This would include whether they would provide help for mock interviews and help with the personal statement etc.

Many thanks in advance to anybody who is able to add any input!
Original post by Ready2study
Hi everyone

I am hopefully going to be applying to this course with the hope of completing it to obtain a qualification that is widely accepted by many Medical schools in the UK.

I was hoping I would be able to speak to people who have gone down this college route so that they can explain their experiences of the course, the application process of medical schools with this course, and also what sort of preparation the college may give to applicants on the course. This would include whether they would provide help for mock interviews and help with the personal statement etc.

Many thanks in advance to anybody who is able to add any input!

I've moved this to the Medicine forum where it will hopefully be seen by the most people who will be able to answer.
Original post by PQ
I've moved this to the Medicine forum where it will hopefully be seen by the most people who will be able to answer.

Hi there,

I have also applied for this course but still waiting to hear if I've been shortlisted for the 2 days assessment in May.
I have no idea what the assessment entails and would be grateful if someone replies to shed some light.
Reply 3
Did you get an offer? What was the assessment like?
Reply 4
The College of West Anglia qualification is much more widely accepted so make sure that they are your first choice. Their qualification is accepted by 20 different medical schools and they have built close connections to many of them. Even Oxford and Cambridge accept them!

And most of us had our rent paid by the college. They have an Access to learning fund the other colleges don't have. As long as you are not earning more than £25,000 when the course is going on they will pay up to £100 a week towards your rent which is really helpful because it helps you put aside money for your expensive medicine course.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
THANK YOU. I already have a biomed degree and student finance told me I can't get a student loan if I apply to the 5 year medicine courses which completely ruined me because I have to pay it out of pocket. I applied to COWA a few days ago and they have invited me to an interview so the applications are still open. What other financial assistance will the college give me? even £100 a week will make a big difference as that is £4000 saved already. THANK YOU AGAIN

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending