The Student Room Group

Why do people with darker skin never dye their hair?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xobeauty
Opposite over here. Do you want to dye your hair? You should go for it.

Nah not particularly its just today two of my friends were like "would you let us die your hair blue", it was more of a joke cause I can't see how I'd be in a situation where they'd be dying my hair but it made me think, I've never seen anyone with my skin tone or darker with dyed hair.

I think it would attract too much attention but I wouldn't mind like a spray on dye for Halloween or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It looks stupid and unnatural thats why
Original post by Dinasaurus
Nah not particularly its just today two of my friends were like "would you let us die your hair blue", it was more of a joke cause I can't see how I'd be in a situation where they'd be dying my hair but it made me think, I've never seen anyone with my skin tone or darker with dyed hair.

I think it would attract too much attention but I wouldn't mind like a spray on dye for Halloween or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The blue posted in the thread would look nice with how you style your hair and it's not too out there.
Original post by xobeauty
The blue posted in the thread would look nice with how you style your hair and it's not too out there.

You know what my hair looks like O:

You mean like the blue high top?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know what my hair looks like O:

You mean like the blue high top?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes and yes.
I'm black and over the past 8 months I've gone from grey, to blue, to now purple.
Reply 106
You need to get a job, big time. Stop worrying about such petty things ffs.
Original post by pri33
You need to get a job, big time. Stop worrying about such petty things ffs.

Wtf why? Why would a job change what I worry about, are you dumb?

Posted from TSR Mobile
AllI have to say is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YaliaV
I think the opposite is true. The multi-coloured hair thing going on right now is trashy and never looks good anyway.

light blue hair can be pretty tite but the rest is usually bad tbf
Original post by Tai Ga
I'm black and over the past 8 months I've gone from grey, to blue, to now purple.

Hhrrrrrrrrrrr, I love purple hair.
(edited 8 years ago)
Because I'd look yucky with blonde hair or really light brown, I don't like the colour red unnaturally in hair and I'm not into wild colours such as pink and blue etc
you're kidding me, right?
you need to go out more

I was thinking about what it would look like and I can't imagine it, I've occasionally seen some black people with like blonde hair or girls with like red hair but I've never seen a black or brown person with like dyed hair, why does it rarely happen?

Is it cultural or does it just not look as good?

I think its just a matter of preference, south asian people usually have the best hair i think, black, thick, long and silky.. So that could be a reason why you dont see them dying their hair much.. Ive seen some girls dye their hair and it makes their hair so thin and coarse😭 Also, in islam, you cannot dye your hair black, so like for me, i dont really want to dye my hair because then i wont get it back to black ever again☺️ So there you go!! Its just personal preference :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest