The Student Room Group

Revision for GCSE Thread

So everyone seems to be doing this at the moment. Thought I'd follow the trend but also every morning put up a little motivational quote and timetable, and in the evening let you know how well I stuck to it and y'all can join in. Here's what I want to get:

English Lang: A*
English Lit: A
Core Maths: A*
Additional Maths: A
Biology: A*
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
French: A
Spanish: A*
Latin Lit: A*
History: A*
RS: A*

I've already done Latin Lanuage and I got an A* in that. I think I should be able to get all of the grades I want if I work hard, but French, English Lit, History and Additional Maths are proving a little more difficult. I really want these grades.

So my question to all of you today is: What do you want to get, how much are you revising and what do you need help with/more work on.

I wish you good revision!
LRxoxo
I'm not really sure if anyone is reading this but its good for me too I guess. This morning I did a 2hr timed English language paper, and although I got a bit distracted i think I did quite well in it. Then I learnt my Spanish and French speaking presentations. This afternoon, after a long lunch involving music and online shopping, I'm going to do 90mins physics, 30mins on each of my English lit texts and I'm going to go and get some exercise.

Stay motivated!
LRxoxo
I want to get:
English Lit A*
English Lang A/A*
Maths A/A*
Further Maths A
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
RE A*
RS A*
French A* (need to practice listening more though!)
Media A
ICT A* (my exam's in 8 days!!)

Today I've done an A3 mind map for physics unit 1, and I'm about to do a media past paper and then a B1 paper and finish my english literature notes.
Original post by jazz_xox_
I want to get:
English Lit A*
English Lang A/A*
Maths A/A*
Further Maths A
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
RE A*
RS A*
Media A

Today I've done an A3 mind map for physics unit 1, and I'm about to do a media past paper and then a B1 paper and finish my english literature notes.

Wow that looks like a great set of results! I hope you get them. You've been so motivated today like wow teach me :colondollar:
Original post by lillyroselove
So everyone seems to be doing this at the moment. Thought I'd follow the trend but also every morning put up a little motivational quote and timetable, and in the evening let you know how well I stuck to it and y'all can join in. Here's what I want to get:

English Lang: A*
English Lit: A
Core Maths: A*
Additional Maths: A
Biology: A*
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
French: A
Spanish: A*
Latin Lit: A*
History: A*
RS: A*

I've already done Latin Lanuage and I got an A* in that. I think I should be able to get all of the grades I want if I work hard, but French, English Lit, History and Additional Maths are proving a little more difficult. I really want these grades.

So my question to all of you today is: What do you want to get, how much are you revising and what do you need help with/more work on.

I wish you good revision!
LRxoxo

Hey,
Well done for your grades and keep up with your hard work :smile:
Please feel free to look at my thread as well :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3934631&page=3&p=63861625#post63861625
Wow that looks like a great set of results! I hope you get them. You've been so motivated today like wow teach me :colondollar:

Haha thankyou , I'm doing my best :frown: I'm on target for 9 A*s but I went to an Oxbridge conference and they say the recommended amount is 80% A*s, so this would be 10/12 for me so I'm working towards!
Anyway I hope you get a lot done today, good luck :smile:
Reply 6
I want to get:
English Lit A*
English Lang A/A*
Maths A/A*
Further Maths A
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
RE A*
RS A*
Media A

How come you've got both RE (presumably Religious Education) and RS (Religious Studies)
Haha thankyou , I'm doing my best :frown: I'm on target for 9 A*s but I went to an Oxbridge conference and they say the recommended amount is 80% A*s, so this would be 10/12 for me so I'm working towards!
Anyway I hope you get a lot done today, good luck :smile:

Thank you - good luck!
Just a quick question for anyone who watched this tread: Do your parents top you revising? Because mine do but they still want m to get straight A*'s.... Like how is that possible? Don't revise but you need to get straight A*'s is the message I'm getting. But then they'll stop me going out with my friends because lets face it, if I can't revise then I may as well be out with them.
Good morning everyone! Its such nice weather here so I'm sitting outside. Today I'm doing French speaking, more English Lit, Spanish speaking, and Biology. Should be a good day. I'm also going to go get some exercise.

The motivational quote for today is:
Be so good that they can't ignore you

Stay motivated
LRxoxo
Good morning TSR!

So I hope everyone's revision has been going well. I haven't revised for the past couple days because I've been out and about, but I'm certainly making up for that today by putting in a long shift. I'm doing Spanish, Latin, Ethics, Physics, French, Chemistry, and German History. This may seem like a lot but I'm only doing an hour in each so that I don't get too bored.
So what's everyone else doing today? Let me know on this thread!

Motivational quote for today:
Wake up; kick revision's ass; repeat :tongue:

Stay motivated:
LRxoxo
Good morning TSR!

So I hope everyone's revision has been going well. I haven't revised for the past couple days because I've been out and about, but I'm certainly making up for that today by putting in a long shift. I'm doing Spanish, Latin, Ethics, Physics, French, Chemistry, and German History. This may seem like a lot but I'm only doing an hour in each so that I don't get too bored.
So what's everyone else doing today? Let me know on this thread!

Motivational quote for today:
Wake up; kick revision's ass; repeat :tongue:

Stay motivated:
LRxoxo

Hey,
today i'm doing Geography and 3 past papers, Maths and a science :smile:
Today I'm doing maths (don't really need to it just makes me feel good), French (which I need to - just using memrise to learn the vocabulary) and maybe 30 mins or so of physics. I don't like to over do it until nearer the exams.

I'm aiming for:
Maths A*
English Lit and Language A*
Biology, Chemistry, Physics A*
French A
History A
PE A*
Computing A
Need motivation. Im so scared for exams and only started revising last week. I aim to get at least 2A*
3A
3B
1C

I was trying to be realisitic ^^ compared to how much ive revised.
I believe have exam anxiety so i need help to revise any tips would be good. xx

Anyone doing design and innovation challenge? got my exam in 2 weeks and i have no idea how to prepare???
so hey anyone who has replied in the past 48 hours, i'm just getting back to your replies. these past 48 hours I've been trying to focus myself on revision, because it wasn't going too well. luckily now i'm back on track with a revision list and and improved timetable. so basically now I'm just keeping track of what I have done and what I haven't done enough of, and just trying to get everything ticked off my list in the next week before i go back to school. heavily focusing on French speaking exam now as that's 11 days away and also keeping my Spanish speaking in mind as that's 18 days away. I'll be back as usual tomorrow, so check here at 10am!

Stay motivated
LRxoxo
Original post by futurematters
Today I'm doing maths (don't really need to it just makes me feel good), French (which I need to - just using memrise to learn the vocabulary) and maybe 30 mins or so of physics. I don't like to over do it until nearer the exams.

I'm aiming for:
Maths A*
English Lit and Language A*
Biology, Chemistry, Physics A*
French A
History A
PE A*
Computing A

Ther's definitely a tendancy to overdo it too soon, but then you don't want to leave it too late. however you sound like you've got a good balance. looks like a good set of results so I hope you get them. keep going, it's almost done!
Original post by Lightning_xo
Need motivation. Im so scared for exams and only started revising last week. I aim to get at least 2A*
3A
3B
1C

I was trying to be realisitic ^^ compared to how much ive revised.
I believe have exam anxiety so i need help to revise any tips would be good. xx

Anyone doing design and innovation challenge? got my exam in 2 weeks and i have no idea how to prepare???

You've not left it too late yet, so now is the time to knuckle down. if there's any way you can get that C up it will be revision guides, and keeping yourself healthy throughout revision.

Exam anxiety as i'm sure you've heard is common enough. What I like to do is distance myself from others 5 minutes before the exam and think of something fun you'll be doing when you get out og the exam hall. this is basically all to keep others from saying 'have you revised xyz' or 'i revised 8 hours last night and i'm still not ready' because that, lets be honest, doesn't help anyone. have a cold drink before you get in to kick start your brain, and before you open the exam paper take 3 deep breaths. don't stress out about a question, star it or highlight it is you can't do it and move on. plan essay questions, and dont worry you'll be fine!
Hey there,
I've made a thread exactly like this actually the same name :smile:
If anyone is lacking motivation or annoyed that your not doing enough you could update everyday on the amount of revision you've done :smile:
:biggrin: Just helping
Hey guys!

So this morning I got up super early (8am) to do some exercise before I started revising and it was so worth it this morning I've already been so productive! yayyyy! So I've done some Spanish and some French speaking practise (10 days :s-smilie:) and now I'm going to do some Latin. After lunch I'm doing History, Maths and Biology.
What's everyone else doing today? Let me know :h:

The motivational quote for today is short and sweet:
You can do it! :tongue:

Stay motivated TSR
LRxoxo
Good morning again TSR!

Going to get lots of work done today because I'm home alone most of the day. I'm doing French Speaking, Spanish Speaking, German History, Additional Maths, Biology, English Lit and Latin Lit. Whats everyone else doing, and how are you all feeling about exams?

Motivational quote:
Push yourself, because no one else is going to do if for you.

Stay motivated TSR!
LRxoxo

Quick Reply

Latest