The Student Room Group

I feel empty/numb what can I do?

I just don't feel anything any more, and I've been over thinking a lot lately.

Anyone else go through this?
Reply 1
Here's a song, if you don't mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi maybe try watching your fave shows, listening to music, reading, meeting up with friends?
Reply 3
Original post by Impressive

Tuuuuuuuune :awesome:
Original post by Impressive

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant!
Original post by MercilessGirth

Of course! I experience this daily. What is it you're exactly thinking about? You can PM if you don't want to say it on this thread.
Reply 6

As someone who gets this a lot but doesn't really want to call it "depression" because i don't think it is and would feel insulting to friends who i know have been in much worse states than my own; i feel that being with friends is undoubtedly the best remedy to feeling like that. If you try and forget about it and enjoy being with them laughing, doing something productive (or not since time wasting can be fun too) it will simply go away. Whilst it may still be in the back of your mind and may return later on in the day its nice to forget about it for a few hours with some people who makes you happy.

If being with friends isn't a viable option, then definitely video games or something nostalgic is what makes me feel a bit better. Either funny games or (a little worrying) violent games (hence things like GTAV being perfect) tend to just distract from feeling a bit empty whilst being not sure why.
If not video games then some loud-ass music to go nuts to, or exercise (truly a last resort) is often good.

Hope you feel better since i know the feeling
I also experience this a lot. Can't really give any advice, but my PM is always open. Hope you feel better soon. :h:
punch yourself in the face if you want to feel something
How long has this been going on for?
If you've felt like this for more than a few weeks, I would suggest going to your GP about it. It's fairly normal to experience low points now and then, but if it lasts for more than a few weeks, it suggests that you could be suffering from a mental health condition. Even if it's not a mental health problem and is due to stress or something, there are ways they can help with that too.

The NHS website has a mood self assessment, which asks similar questions to those that a GP would, and can give you suggestions on what to do at the end. They also have pages on anxiety and depression, which may be worth a look.
http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Mood-self-assessment.aspx

I hope everything goes well for you :smile:

Mate, I have felt like this for the past 2 years..everyday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending