The Student Room Group

Thinking of leaving Islam. AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
Provide the "proofs".

dont tell me to provide u evidenc?
Like who are You?

If you leave islam you actually harm only yourself beacuse when angel of death comes sent by God to take your soul, to bring back you to God, then it is your ass who will suffer, nobody else. By leaving islam, you dont harm God anything but yourself.
Original post by Andalusi
If you leave islam you actually harm only yourself beacuse when angel of death comes sent by God to take your soul, to bring back you to God, then it is your ass who will suffer, nobody else. By leaving islam, you dont harm God anything but yourself.

I am Desi and I had Desi food the other day and my ass did suffer. It was not that bad mate. it was bearable

If God is not harmed by people not believing in him, why does he feel the need to spend an eternity torturing them?
Original post by WBZ144
If God is not harmed by people not believing in him, why does he feel the need to spend an eternity torturing them?

Religious people have no logic whatsoever.:colonhash:
Reply 185

OMG an angel of death? :cry:

Santa Claus protect me please, I'll be nice. :cry2:
Original post by WBZ144

i will be short here:

beacuse if you dont follow commandment/laws of the state , state will punish you
same it is with God, if you dont follow Gods laws wich are made for benefiting you, not God, God sent those laws for benefits of mankind not for his benefits, he can be without us but those laws are for us. And by the way, eternal punishment can also be like this, that he punish you for those years on earth, and then cause you to die for in that case you will never come to paradise and you will never feel anything and not be aware of anything anymore, so in that case he punished you for etenerity. it does not need to mean that he need to punish you in fire for eternerity, only for those deeds wich causes punishment.

but you can escaoed punishment by asking for his forgivness , he allwats forgivess if you want a change in your life, he can actually make you evil deeds into good did if you ask forgivness and follows his commandments.
Reply 187
Original post by Deliciously
:wink:

Lol.

Anyway before I accidentally derail this thread :colondollar:, as a Muslim, (and I'm really lax) there are some things that I may not agree with but that's more culture. I would do more research on Islam, and take time out to find yourself. But before you completely turn away from Islam, think about it. It's a massive decision and its life changing.

PM if you wana talk and also ISoC members might be more of help as they are more with their religion. :redface:
i will be short here:

beacuse if you dont follow commandment/laws of the state , state will punish you
same it is with God, if you dont follow Gods laws wich are made for benefiting you, not God, God sent those laws for benefits of mankind not for his benefits, he can be without us but those laws are for us. And by the way, eternal punishment can also be like this, that he punish you for those years on earth, and then cause you to die for in that case you will never come to paradise and you will never feel anything and not be aware of anything anymore, so in that case he punished you for etenerity. it does not need to mean that he need to punish you in fire for eternerity, only for those deeds wich causes punishment.

but you can escaoed punishment by asking for his forgivness , he allwats forgivess if you want a change in your life, he can actually make you evil deeds into good did if you ask forgivness and follows his commandments.

Many of God's so-called laws makes no sense and he seems to have warped priorities. That being said even if they all made perfect sense, do you think that a blazing torture chamber is proportionate to the "sin" of living the life of an average non-believer?
Original post by ravioliyears
:rolleyes: Ikr :rofl:

Ravioliyears why are we not friends yet?
:colonhash:
Reply 190
Hello friend. I am Muslim. I understand how you may be feeling, I too have felt confusion and in some aspects in Islam. But I have come to know that many misconceptions are cited from weak hadiths (which are basically hadiths that are not sourced well). If you are to read the Quran, you will find no such verses. Islam is a religion of choice:

the Holy Quran reads the following:

"To you be your religion, and to me my religion" (Al Kafirun:6)
Clearly, Islam does not force someone to convert nor does it condemn those who leave (Day of Judgment is a whole different matter)

"There is no compulsion in religion" (Al-Baqarah: 256)
Your not forced to pray 5 times a day, nor to fast Ramadan or any other aspect of Islam, Everything is choice, if not, then what is faith? In order to carry out a prayer you need to believe in it and it should be out of your free will.

I urge you dear friend to reconsider and think more closely about this. Do not read in to different sects, do not read in to Sunni or Shia or likewise. It is best to understand the Quran just like how it was first revealed - which are the monotheistic ideoligies. Who is god? Heaven and Hell? Past prophets and stories of past civilizations? Good and Wrong? Righteousness and Ignorance? Only rhen can you stem in to the laws of Islam with a fully believing heart embedded by free will.

May Allah guide you :smile:
Been there, done that :P
PM me if you need any advice or just chat.
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
Ravioliyears why are we not friends yet?
:colonhash:

Why do you wanna be friends with me, Road?
Why do you wanna be friends with me, Road?

Because one day I saw you on a post and then I saw your name and was like OMG THAT NAME IS AWESOME! Another day I saw how amazing you look (not being a perv or nothing) And the most important reason bc i dont have many friends on here have like 5.
But if you don't want to be its okay!
Tenkz Anyway!
Because one day I saw you on a post and then I saw your name and was like OMG THAT NAME IS AWESOME! Another day I saw how amazing you look (not being a perv or nothing) And the most important reason bc i dont have many friends on here have like 5.
But if you don't want to be its okay!
Tenkz Anyway!

:lol: Thanks, and thanks. Where did you see a picture of me? :lolwut: What a way to start a conversation, Road :rofl: But sure :tongue:
:lol: Thanks, and thanks. Where did you see a picture of me? :lolwut: What a way to start a conversation, Road :rofl: But sure :tongue:

Erm you posted it on your avatar I think :tongue: sorry!
And I am the lady's man :wink: js

Spoiler

Erm you posted it on your avatar I think :tongue: sorry!
And I am the lady's man :wink: js

Spoiler

Oh yeah, but that was quite some time back now.
And indeed you are :tongue:
I agree with the Muslims here that researching the religion and learning a lot about it (if you haven't already done so) before leaving is the best thing to do. But I would advise getting your information from both sides (both Muslims and critics) and staying impartial until you are sure of the truth.

Whatever you decide, good luck :smile:
Oh yeah, but that was quite some time back now.
And indeed you are :tongue:

yaayayayyayayaya!
And oh was it ;-; feels like yesterday!
I'm asian too so you never know we could work out :smile:
Reply 199
Original post by Jamie S
My time travel sofa must be working, its like I'm back in the 1200s!

Are you sure tumblr was around in the 1200s?

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest