The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sort of ish, I am still quiet and shy but I am more confident when it comes to voicjng my opinion. I also have a backbone so nobody walks over me like they used to :smile:
More confident, more misanthropic and less trusting.
Original post by loveleest
Sort of ish, I am still quiet and shy but I am more confident when it comes to voicjng my opinion. I also have a backbone so nobody walks over me like they used to :smile:

Yeah i ve gained a lot more of backbone, used to never say no to helping people now saying no is pretty easy.
Reply 4
More introverted, more scholarly, less raucous, more romantic, more idealistic. Lost a lot of weight, too, gained cheekbones and curves. Gotta love puberty!
according to teachers around me apparently i work harder and somehow i've "changed"
I've become a lot more lucid and able to deal with my mental health and emotional issues. Still a long way to go though! :moon:

I've also built up my CV quite a bit and, as a result, have become more confident and optimistic about future employment prospects :biggrin:
Past 5 years huh?
So thats since 2011 when I just joined year 7 huh those were the days:colonhash:

no exams
not much homework
no worries

Well for starters

Personality
-way more confident, definitely exponential growth in that area, I just feel like I could even talk to a room of -50 adul strangers about a topic I dont know about, no lie!
also more optimistic by a lot, probably too optimistic now tbh
-much better at discussions, can constructuvely and deconstructively handle arguments better
-also hope Im a little funnier-craig ferguson youtube vids taught me half my lines xD

Physical
-5 years is a long time looking back on when I was just starting out wiht my 4.5kg dumbbells
-Definitely a lot of progression, I can perform pullups/situps/pressups with more control and variation as long as increasing difficulty appropriately, also better knowledge of muscle mass building in general after reading countless articles and scientific sources
-Badminton game is now on point (that pun tho) Im pretty insane ngl even for an Asian
-Martial arts is pretty awesome too actually, helped with my confidence a lot, can now do many of the more advanced kicks with suitable strength and speed
(edited 8 years ago)
More easily stressed
More social in some aspects (didn't understand concepts like banter when I was younger)
More of a dickhead *cough* honest *cough*

edit: btw its not a filter dodge.
A lot I would think:
I feel less stressed yet more worried about things. I have become less cocky yet grown in confidence. I now have a degree now but my goals in life, whilst derived from the same purpose, have changed.
I became less shy, reserved and timid. I wasn't a loner anymore. I found friends. I actually began to enjoy school for once. I haven't been bullied for four years. I feel more comfortable at where I am, and a little sad I'll be going college next year.

11 year old me vs 16 year old me
5 years ago my panics started and I was housebound at that point. In five years, I've came out of being housebound and I'm more confident than I've ever been but I still get panics every day, they just don't hold me back any more. I had OCD 5 years ago but its gotten worse since then. I was still with my partner 5 years ago and in our flat but in the last 5 years we got our cats and got engaged :smile:

I dyed my hair ginger for the first time five years and that's still stayed the same :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
- Way more confident and less care free about many things.
- More studious.. I guess
- Less of a pushover and less of a heartless bitch (I went from one extreme to the other...)
- Focused more on things that are more important in life I guess (minus TSR... :///)

But on the negative side:
- More distrusting of other people
Went from a shy, weak skinny teenager to a confident, strong alpha :biggrin:
More in tune with my emotions, stronger, more muscle, more confident, much more focused now.
Well the N-Dubz phase has gone.
i went from being okay smart to

Spoiler

more outwardly confident and very much more professionally focused
I don't argue back because it's not worth it
I let my sister borrow anything of mine now instead of flipping out when I realise it's gone
I'm much better good at cooking
Reply 19
Did a massive amount of growing up mentally
Puberty lol
Became more pessimistic, but less reliant on people's opinions of me for happiness,
became less obsessed with education... actually started to not give a **** :lol:
adopted a dont-give-a-**** attitude, originally started to combat me getting so upset about stupid little things like if someone borrowed a pen and broke it, but eventually grew to cover my whole life so now I don't give a **** about anything... :lol: :blush: oops!

Latest