The Student Room Group

How do I get over the Harry Potter books and films?

I've finished the books and feel like I have no purpose in life anymore. I'm just wallowing in my love for the fandom but my GCSEs are in a few weeks and I need to be studying! How do i get over this?
Original post by Squigysqump
I've finished the books and feel like I have no purpose in life anymore. I'm just wallowing in my love for the fandom but my GCSEs are in a few weeks and I need to be studying! How do i get over this?

It is an okay series :yep:.

Assess and realise that GCSEs are far more important. Allow yourself some HP time as a reward after revision.
Original post by Squigysqump

What Kvothe said. ^
Definitely focus on your GCSEs - it'll be over in a few weeks. :woo:
fanfiction.net is your best friend though now that you've finished reading the series.
I'm sure there are millions of fics in the HP department!
Revision comes first though, remember. :smile:
Take all of your books and burn them.

But seriously, have a think about it, how much do your GCSEs mean to you. GCSEs are something that will effect you for quite a while longer than Harry Potter books will so right now you need to assess your priorities :smile: When you get your GCSEs over with you will have plenty of time to get back into Harry Potter! You could even make a schedule for your revision, then maybe on that schedule allow for a short break where you can go back to some Harry Potter? If you plan it out carefully and don't get too focussed on Harry Potter you can still get a lot of revision done and have spare time to enjoy yourself.
Reply 4
Happiness can be found in even the darkest of places...if one remembers to turn on the light.
Reply 5
Do well in your exams first and then watch Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them when it releases in November.
Reply 6
The best way to get over a book is to read another book :biggrin:
Reply 7
WATCH THE NEW WIZARDING WONDERFUL MOVIE coming out in November :{

:party: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them :party:

Quick Reply

Latest