The Student Room Group

Changing University Course Completely HELP

Hi guys,
I need some help- i am currently studying for BA Business Management degree at UOK but i honestly hate it, I have no passion for the subject and having just finished my first year...have hardly any knowledge of the subject. I really want to change my degree to Social Work; does anyone know how this would work in terms of Student Finance (would they fund me even though i've already studied a first year) and also, do i have to go through the whole UCAS application again!
Thanks x x
Original post by Ciaralouiseee
Hi guys,
I need some help- i am currently studying for BA Business Management degree at UOK but i honestly hate it, I have no passion for the subject and having just finished my first year...have hardly any knowledge of the subject. I really want to change my degree to Social Work; does anyone know how this would work in terms of Student Finance (would they fund me even though i've already studied a first year) and also, do i have to go through the whole UCAS application again!
Thanks x x

Yes they would fund you for social work and yes you have to go through ucas again, social work is pretty popular and you d probably need so work experience so you might not be able to get in for September this year.
I guess I'm on the same boat as you, but I don't get student finance :frown:
Original post by timetique
I guess I'm on the same boat as you, but I don't get student finance :frown:

Oh no, how comes you don't get it? I have literally started to look into this today so I am completely un-prepared! Have you got a place on to a new course or anything? xx
I'm in the same position at the moment, it's pretty much a case of doing the exact same thing as last year. SFE fund up to (I think) 4 years, so as long as you've only done a year and it's a 3 year course, there's no problem with that. I've literally just started filling in a new UCAS form and messaged the tutor of my current course, and it seems pretty straightforward from there. I know a few of my friends did a year on one course and simply asked to change onto another course in their university, so if you're wanting to study at the same uni, it might be simpler? However, if it's a popular course as was said above, UCAS is probably the better route to go down.
Original post by Ciaralouiseee
Oh no, how comes you don't get it? I have literally started to look into this today so I am completely un-prepared! Have you got a place on to a new course or anything? xx

I'm an international student :/. Sad times. But yeah I've got an offer from my new course, hopefully I'll transfer soon :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending