The Student Room Group

How to set computer restrictions

How do I set restrictions on my computer? I mean settings so that I can't go on certain websites at certain times to try to tackle my procrastination problem?

Thanks in advance. :h::h:

Spoiler

Reply 1
Original post by Banana00
How do I set restrictions on my computer? I mean settings so that I can't go on certain websites at certain times to try to tackle my procrastination problem?

Thanks in advance. :h::h:

Spoiler

Parental controls help, however you can only do that to other accounts, so you'd have to have an admin account and a user account
Reply 2
I imagine you could install some extensions/addons to your browser that would let you block websites at certain times during the day. I know I had something like that in the past.
Reply 3
Original post by Andy98
Parental controls help, however you can only do that to other accounts, so you'd have to have an admin account and a user account

Original post by Nadile
I imagine you could install some extensions/addons to your browser that would let you block websites at certain times during the day. I know I had something like that in the past.

Thanks for this - I'll look into it.
Reply 4
Original post by Banana00
Thanks for this - I'll look into it.

Tis ok
Hello there! I think it's easy if you have a parental control program such as Anykeylogger or K9. :smile:
I used the Chrome Nanny extension on google chrome when I had to do that during my exams

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending