The Student Room Group

A level Literature

Hey! Does anyone have any good useful information or any key quotes for any of the following - A streetcar named desire, the tempest, rosetti poetry collection and also the bloody chamber, particularly the bloody chamber and The Tempest, because these are both the ones i struggle with the most.

Does anyone also have any good techniques on how to revise? I have loads of quotes on post its on my walls, and also mind maps on context for a streetcar and also gothic, but i'm not sure what else to do from here.. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by benj1999

Does anyone also have any good techniques on how to revise? I have loads of quotes on post its on my walls, and also mind maps on context for a streetcar and also gothic, but i'm not sure what else to do from here.. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing also doing Streetcar & Rossetti, is this for AS Level & are you doing OCR?
The quotes on post its is definitely a good way to go. Have you linked them to different themes and literature devices? That'll make them easier to talk about in the exam, but also reinforce the quotes in your mind :P
Reply 2
Original post by celloel
I'm doing also doing Streetcar & Rossetti, is this for AS Level & are you doing OCR?
The quotes on post its is definitely a good way to go. Have you linked them to different themes and literature devices? That'll make them easier to talk about in the exam, but also reinforce the quotes in your mind :P

Oh yeah i'm on OCR too! Oh yeah i've made links between quotes and themes/devices and also like character relationships. Do you make mind maps and stuff on each character/theme/device too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Oh yeah i'm on OCR too! Oh yeah i've made links between quotes and themes/devices and also like character relationships. Do you make mind maps and stuff on each character/theme/device too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I make mind maps with a theme/device, then put quotes that can be related to that!
I'm not used to closed book exams, so memorising quotes is definitely new to me xD
i'm doing bloody chamber as well ,anyone got any notes or eassys?
Hey! Does anyone have any good useful information or any key quotes for any of the following - A streetcar named desire, the tempest, rosetti poetry collection and also the bloody chamber, particularly the bloody chamber and The Tempest, because these are both the ones i struggle with the most.Does anyone also have any good techniques on how to revise? I have loads of quotes on post its on my walls, and also mind maps on context for a streetcar and also gothic, but i'm not sure what else to do from here.. Thanks!

If you're looking for resources, why not try the TSR Resources hub? You can find mind maps, notes, flashcards and loads more on all your subjects. The ones on The Bloody Chamber can be found here :tee:

The Bloody Chamber is one of my favourite books ever :woo: I know you said you already did this OP, but when I did my English A Level I found sticking quotes up all around my house really helped memorise them and get to grips with the stories. I had Chaucer in my toilet :colondollar:
Reply 6
To learn quotes i find using the website memrise really helpful, its free to sign up and tests you on the quotes in smaller more manageable chunks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending