The Student Room Group

Offer Conditions?

Hiya,
I recieved an offer from Southampton Solent, which conditions that I achieve an MMM at BTEC Level 3. This is all in order, however, on the site, they said they want english and maths at C or above. I dont have my math grade, and the conditions do not state that I must achieve my maths grade.

Does this mean that if I dont achieve my maths grade, but achieve the BTEC grades they want I will still be accepted?

Thanks
Original post by Breadchuu
Hiya,
I recieved an offer from Southampton Solent, which conditions that I achieve an MMM at BTEC Level 3. This is all in order, however, on the site, they said they want english and maths at C or above. I dont have my math grade, and the conditions do not state that I must achieve my maths grade.

Does this mean that if I dont achieve my maths grade, but achieve the BTEC grades they want I will still be accepted?

Thanks

In this case, I'd advise you to get in touch with the university and find out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya,

Thanks

If your maths grade isn't stated in the offer conditions, then it's not a condition of your offer. If you've said you're retaking maths on your application, you still need to do this.

Unis don't have to give you the standard offer on their website. They may feel your BTEC gives you enough maths preparations, which someone taking other qualifications wouldn't have, so would need GCSE Maths.
Reply 3
Thanks for this!

I'm going to call them tomorrow just to be sure. And of course, I'll still be trying for my maths grade :P
Reply 4
Thanks for this!

I'm going to call them tomorrow just to be sure. And of course, I'll still be trying for my maths grade :P

Before you call them, double check your application. You don't want to find out later that you made an error and declared you already had the maths grade
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
Before you call them, double check your application. You don't want to find out later that you made an error and declared you already had the maths grade

I've double checked, I didn't state I had achieved the grade. But thanks for the advice!
Reply 6
If anyone's interested, I called them today and they said that the only requirement for the course is to achieve MMM in my current course, and that everything was in order.

Thanks to all who answered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending