The Student Room Group

FinTech Work Experience

Hi all,

I am currently in my gap year and secured a 3-4 week placement at a FinTech firm within the Sale's division. I would like to apply for Spring Week programmes next year and wondered how the banks might view this work experience?
- My views are that it is Sales, so it could be seen as transferable (Sales is what I am interested in) but I've been told that the association of the role with FinTech might make it look maligned?

Any words of advice? Cheers
Original post by WibelieveIcanFi
Hi all,

I am currently in my gap year and secured a 3-4 week placement at a FinTech firm within the Sale's division. I would like to apply for Spring Week programmes next year and wondered how the banks might view this work experience?
- My views are that it is Sales, so it could be seen as transferable (Sales is what I am interested in) but I've been told that the association of the role with FinTech might make it look maligned?

Any words of advice? Cheers

Not sure what you're asking for here. Any experience is good experience, because ultimately you'll develop new skills and learn more about yourself which you can parlay via an interview.

As long as you deep dive into the internship, and really try to make an impact, I'm sure you'd be able to leverage it on your CV/via a competency based interview.

Enjoy it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Not sure what you're asking for here. Any experience is good experience, because ultimately you'll develop new skills and learn more about yourself which you can parlay via an interview.

As long as you deep dive into the internship, and really try to make an impact, I'm sure you'd be able to leverage it on your CV/via a competency based interview.

Enjoy it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for a quick response. To paraphrase, my main concern was that an IB might look at the FinTech experience negatively...

That's very true, I will try to stress the transferability of the skills instead.

Thanks again and best of luck for the future!
Original post by WibelieveIcanFi
Thanks for a quick response. To paraphrase, my main concern was that an IB might look at the FinTech experience negatively...

That's very true, I will try to stress the transferability of the skills instead.

Thanks again and best of luck for the future!

doubt it, they'd likely be impressed more than anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending