The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

no, as they say: eighth time lucky
Original post by amrin19944
having over a year off lessons as well

sounds like quite a few times... i guess advice would be to take things slow and remember all the things you were taught in lessons
how can you even afford to fail 7 times?
Original post by chemistrybro
no, as they say: eighth time lucky

hahahah
Erm, maybe speak to your instructor about the reasons you're failing, and if your instructor isn't being very good for you, then change?? Also, do you practice outside of lesson times as well? It's very important to do that if you want to build up lots of practice and experience...

Check out the Learning to drive forum as well if you want to see what others have said about failing/passing the test! When your next test anyway?
7 times is quite a lot tbh.
But good luck for the future!!
maybe ask your instructor to do some mock tests, until you can pass. That will be a lot cheaper ;-)
Reply 8
Original post by danthebox
hahahah

why the fvck are u laughing?

its not funny , its sad .

You shouldn't have to fail more than 3 times, 4 if you're pushing it. If you are you're either really unlucky, extremely nervous, don't know what you're doing or just have a **** instructor. If you're failing that many times I'm sure he's going to be investigated because seriously? You haven't said anything else so it's hard to judge. I failed twice but got it on the third go, first I was nervous and messed up, second same thing, third I managed to calm down and I had a nicer examiner who made me feel calm and I passed with flying colours.
Reply 10
Original post by KingKoala
how can you even afford to fail 7 times?

I have spent so so much money, I feel like overdosing on heroin, im being serious

Don't ask me, I've spent so much money too much,, I am scared to say the figures, my parents, I'm south Asian, they say to me, what's the point in your life if you cant even pass that many times, I just feel horrible,
I've failed 7 times, 4 times in Goodmayes, 3 times in Barking.. Both test centres are just 5-6 minutes away from each other.
I've finally changed test centres. and that b/tch instructor probably made me do Barking test centre 3 times, knowing it has high fail rates.
I should of never done these test centres.
(edited 8 years ago)
Nah, I've failed like 6/7 times already, just try your best & never give up & eventually you'll get there, stay positive, learn from your mistakes & keep positive, I wish you the best of luck! :smile:
I've moved this to the Learning to Drive forum for you :h:

Reply 13
Have you been taught by the same instructor during all 7 attempts? If so, that's the reason for your failure.

It's nothing to do with the pass rate of the centre. Centres that have poor pass rates (mostly inner cities) are like that because of the population that keep on turning up there and keep failing. Instructors that use those centres are often quite poor too, but because they cater for a generally ethnic / immigrant clientèle, do quite good business by fleecing their clients, even if their results and pass rates are shocking.

Could be time to change your instructor. Pick a good one and stop using the ones who are cheap or speak your language.
yes, but you should learn from your mistakes. Toyr instryctor should be telling you where you are going wrong and you need to work on those weaknesses. Id seriously think about a different instructor.

What things are you failing the test on?
Reply 16
When you fail you're test you're given the fail sheet. It's marked on there what your faults are. If you like, I can help you if you email me over the sheets (blank out you're personal details) I'll be happy to have a quick look

Slow learner.
Lol yes it is a lot tbh I passed on my third attempt and I along with my friends consider that to be borderline lol.
There's no getting away from it-it is quite a lot.

How are you finding your instructor? Would it be helpful to have them sit in on a test with you, so that if you do fail it, they can see exactly where you're going wrong? I know there's a fail sheet, but presumably, your instructor is putting you forward for your test because they feel you're capable of passing.

So, if that is the case, something is happening on the tests that is making you fail. It might be a good idea to have your instructor with you on test just to see.

If you think your instructor is not that good, it might be worthwhile going to another instructor and having an assessment lesson with them. Be honest about your situation, and ask them to thoroughly analyse how you drive.

I think there's some tendency to think if you've been having lessons for x amount of time, then you absolutely need to be taking your test. Personally, I disagree with this opinion. You should only take your test if you are capable of passing it, and a safe and competent driver. And the time taken to get to that point varies from person to person.

Latest

Trending

Trending