The Student Room Group

Why do Sunnisand Shias hate eachother

When you look at what happened in Iraq most of the deaths were due to sectarian conflict. Also did anyone predict the sectarian conflict it wasn't even mentioned if my memory serves me well.
bump
Because Sunni terrorists always attack Shias. ISIS, Al Nusra, FSA...all Sunni terorist organization.

Shia dont hate, only Sunni extremist do.

Before anyone attacks me I am not Muslim, neither Shia or Sunni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Because they both claim to be representing the true and righteous path.
And nothing winds up a true and righteous path follower more than someone else claiming that they are actually following the true and righteous path.

It is true that the vast majority of deaths (over 95% IIRC) in the Middle East in the last decade have been caused by Islamic sectarianism/nationalism. Although it could be argued that the removal of authoritarian dictatorship allowed the sectarian conflict, which had been violently suppressed for years, to resurface. I think the Coalition planners simply didn't realise how desperate the various factions were to get at each others throats. I guess that they assumed that the opportunity of liberty, democracy and reconstruction would be more attractive than a descent into a bloodbath of revenge and oppression.
One group prefers to open their boiled eggs from the little end, the other from the big end. It led to a schism and they've been squabbling ever since.
Original post by QE2
And nothing winds up a true and righteous path follower more than someone else claiming that they are actually following the true and righteous path.

It is true that the vast majority of deaths (over 95% IIRC) in the Middle East in the last decade have been caused by Islamic sectarianism/nationalism. Although it could be argued that the removal of authoritarian dictatorship allowed the sectarian conflict, which had been violently suppressed for years, to resurface. I think the Coalition planners simply didn't realise how desperate the various factions were to get at each others throats. I guess that they assumed that the opportunity of liberty, democracy and reconstruction would be more attractive than a descent into a bloodbath of revenge and oppression.

It's this, but, because they are both claiming to be Muslim each sees the other side as apostates and blasphemers, which under both Islamic interpretations is punishable by death. It's arguably one of the worst sins/transgressions one could be guilty of in the Islamic faith.

More over, for any Muslim to suffer someone doing this, spreading a false narrative (blasphemy) about Islam would be punishable by Allah, they would go to hell for not defending the faith.

From a historical context, and I'm by no means an expert, the split occured after Mohammed dies, one side thought Mohammed's family should be the representative/interpreter of Islam on earth, the other side thought that Islamic scholars should be. And I'm sure someone will correct if I'm wrong.
Reply 6
Original post by KaminiZindagi
Because Sunni terrorists always attack Shias. ISIS, Al Nusra, FSA...all Sunni terorist organization.

Shia dont hate, only Sunni extremist do.

Before anyone attacks me I am not Muslim, neither Shia or Sunni

Posted from TSR Mobile

Zoroastrian?
Original post by Thomas2
Zoroastrian?

Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shias passionately believe that heat is evil and therefore want to emigrate to a colder climate like Russia, the conflict is because the Sunnis like the desert climate.

This is why Iran has good relations with Russia.
Reply 9

Atheist?
Original post by Thomas2
Atheist?

No idea
I believe in God but Islam is ********

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by HanSoloLuck
It's this, but, because they are both claiming to be Muslim each sees the other side as apostates and blasphemers, which under both Islamic interpretations is punishable by death. It's arguably one of the worst sins/transgressions one could be guilty of in the Islamic faith.

More over, for any Muslim to suffer someone doing this, spreading a false narrative (blasphemy) about Islam would be punishable by Allah, they would go to hell for not defending the faith.

From a historical context, and I'm by no means an expert, the split occured after Mohammed dies, one side thought Mohammed's family should be the representative/interpreter of Islam on earth, the other side thought that Islamic scholars should be. And I'm sure someone will correct if I'm wrong.
Correct.
Original post by QE2

knew id find you here :colone:
Reply 13
Original post by sfaraj
knew id find you here :colone:
Stalker!
Original post by QE2
Stalker!

shhhhh.. you'll give me away:colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending