The Student Room Group

"Send evidence to show that you'll receive benefits while you're studying." - HELP

Hi everyone,I've recently applied to Student Finance and sent off all the evidence they asked for and I received this email:And this is what my Student Finance page currently looks like:

I'm really confused what the email is asking for when it says "send evidence to show any benefits you may receive while studying". I have sent all the evidence that they have asked for in terms of household income, my Personal Independence Payment for my Autism, the DSA Form with all the evidence attached (still don't understand why it's showing up on the evidence required page?). The only thing I could imagine it being is that I have had to leave home recently due to domestic violence and now I am technically "homeless" and I live with my friend, so I currently receive Income Support. However, I was told that my Income Support will stop when I start university, so I didn't think I needed to send any evidence that I receive income support... have I made a bad mistake?

Thank you for reading all this and I hope you can help me :smile:

P.S - Please could someone help me find the "Evidence Cover sheet" that they talked about in the email? I never actually knew that existed when I sent all the household income and PIP evidence stuff hahah :colondollar:
(edited 7 years ago)
If you've sent the evidence they've asked for, it's possible they've not updated their system yet.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
If you've sent the evidence they've asked for, it's possible they've not updated their system yet.

Mhm.. possibly, it just seems weird that the email they send me was really specific about "benefits" but it hasn't appeared on the website's front page. I guess I'll wait around to see if it updates, thanks :P
Original post by AshEntropy
Mhm.. possibly, it just seems weird that the email they send me was really specific about "benefits" but it hasn't appeared on the website's front page. I guess I'll wait around to see if it updates, thanks :P

Can you phone them? Talking in general, they can take a few weeks to update. I have no idea if currently there are bkaclogs and if so, how long they currently are.

In regards to your OP:
Most students aren't entitled to benefits whilst studying full time. Because you receive PIP, you may, depending on how much student loan you receive, (you are because of your situation, entitled to the full loan) be entitled to some ESA. (Employment Support Allowance)

The new system has changed and I'm not too clued up on it. But there was extra money for students who were entitled to benefits whilst studying, which didn't count as income for their benefits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending