The Student Room Group

Leaving a job which I've been giving no contract without notice

So I started working at KFC in January and I'm looking to leave in the morning I'll call up, I don't mind about any reference or what not I just want to know if I am obliged to give notice to a job I have not signed any contract to still to this day ? I hate the job honestly, being a college student I finished college like 4pm and they have me working at 5pm till close and you never finish on time sometimes you finish past 12 which is a joke because not only have I got to go to college the next day but you don't get paid for working past 12. The management constantly slate everything you do, they complain about up selling, asking for some BS club card and a guest survey and to be frank I couldn't care less of what they think of me but I'm just wondering how I stand in this? Am I right saying I can leave without notice because Ive still not got a contract?
Yeah if you don't want a reference from them in the future you can leave..especially if you have no contract. It's usually a weeks notice but since theres nothing holding you to that....
Reply 2
Yeah you can leave when you want. A guy at my old work went on his break and never returned! As long as you're ok with severing all ties with the employer.

(As a side note, you do have a contract - you do not need to have a physical written contract, but it helps clarify legal stuff for both parties)
Original post by Jackieox
Yeah if you don't want a reference from them in the future you can leave..especially if you have no contract. It's usually a weeks notice but since theres nothing holding you to that....

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending