The Student Room Group

Nervous to quit job

Hi, I have a bit of a situation! I'm 26 and have been at my current company for almost 6 months. Unfortunately I feel as though the job isn't a good fit, both personally and professionally (management have been quite toxic towards me also!) and I want to leave and find a job in education, which is where my passion lies.

The issue is, over the past two years I've done a lot of leaving. Firstly I left a job I enjoyed (I'd been there two years, it was in education) to a pursue a fixed term position in Spain, which I also loved. When I returned to the UK last year I started working in a primary school, but didn't enjoy it as much as I thought. That was went my current job was offered to me, and I quit the school to pursue it as I really believed that it was my dream (travel industry, opportunities to use languages, etc.) Now I feel as though I made a massive mistake!

I'm really nervous and scared to quit as I've been through the leaving process so many times and I feel really embarrassed about it. I really want to quit as it's draining me and affecting my mental health, but I don't know how to pluck up the courage to?!
Reply 1
They are valid reasons to leave jobs, but if you can, stick with the current one until.you can find a new job. It's income, one less move to explain and they say its better to be in a job to find one!
Rather than just quitting, make it a lower risk move by researching your options, securing employment or continuing education befotre giving up income security. You are more likely to be successful if you plan and research your options without the added pressure of not having the job security you need.

Change for the right thing, rather than the now thing
Original post by eldorado14
Hi, I have a bit of a situation! I'm 26 and have been at my current company for almost 6 months. Unfortunately I feel as though the job isn't a good fit, both personally and professionally (management have been quite toxic towards me also!) and I want to leave and find a job in education, which is where my passion lies.

The issue is, over the past two years I've done a lot of leaving. Firstly I left a job I enjoyed (I'd been there two years, it was in education) to a pursue a fixed term position in Spain, which I also loved. When I returned to the UK last year I started working in a primary school, but didn't enjoy it as much as I thought. That was went my current job was offered to me, and I quit the school to pursue it as I really believed that it was my dream (travel industry, opportunities to use languages, etc.) Now I feel as though I made a massive mistake!

I'm really nervous and scared to quit as I've been through the leaving process so many times and I feel really embarrassed about it. I really want to quit as it's draining me and affecting my mental health, but I don't know how to pluck up the courage to?!

Id find a new job before leaving your current one. Its always easier to secure a job whilst already employed, and that way you wont have a gap in your CV to explain.
Most people have a few jobs in their lifetime. Things like fixed term contracts etc are perfectly valid reasons for leaving jobs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending