The Student Room Group

Is the CGP guide enough for an A*? (geography)

My class notes in geography (AQA A) were terrible, so I've been using the CGP book to revise from, but I just flicked through my textbook and found that there seems to be so much extra information about stuff in it :frown:

Is there enough detail/information in the CGP book to get an A* from just using it?
definitely. although if there are case studies that you learnt in school that are better known to you/more thorough then i'd choose them instead of the ones in the cgp guide. everything else is enough
Reply 2
Original post by tanyapotter
definitely. although if there are case studies that you learnt in school that are better known to you/more thorough then i'd choose them instead of the ones in the cgp guide. everything else is enough

Yes - I am evidence for this :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Pronged Lily
My class notes in geography (AQA A) were terrible, so I've been using the CGP book to revise from, but I just flicked through my textbook and found that there seems to be so much extra information about stuff in it :frown:

Is there enough detail/information in the CGP book to get an A* from just using it?

It has all the notes and things you need to know to get you B+, but the rest is just practice tbh. I also used the CGP for A-levels.
Original post by kkboyk
It has all the notes and things you need to know to get you B+, but the rest is just practice tbh. I also used the CGP for A-levels.

How much practise do you need to do?
Reply 5
Original post by Pronged Lily
How much practise do you need to do?

Until you feel very confident.

Quick Reply

Latest