The Student Room Group

Muslim guys, would you marry a non-hijabi?

Just wondering as guys that have taken an interest in me have expressed that they would like hijab to be worn after marriage...

Scroll to see replies

yeah I don't see the problem with not wearing a hijab if you don't want to
Original post by Anonymous
Just wondering as guys that have taken an interest in me have expressed that they would like hijab to be worn after marriage...

Sure I would....hmmm not sure what if that's a bad thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not these questions again...And those guys you've been talking to are weird.
Inb4 muslims force wifes to hear hijabs :facepalm:Sister I warned you.
Original post by Anonymous

Only wear the hijab for the right reasons - never do it because other people are making you or you have to, it is strictly something you can do if you want to.
Reply 6
Original post by Rhythmical
Only wear the hijab for the right reasons - never do it because other people are making you or you have to, it is strictly something you can do if you want to.

This
It's their choice if they want to wear hijab or not, i have a friend she doesn't wear a hijab because she doesn't feel ready. The hijab needs to be worn for the right reasons.
If you don't want to wear hijab then don't. It's wrong for your potential future husband to pressure you into wearing it.
It's a personal choice. However i dont think personally i would even get married before i feel ready enough to wear a hijab.
it's just a scarf around their head.... as i have mentioned on the other thread similar to this.... hijabs are now used as a fashion thing than a religious thing.... haven't you seen the jewels or like fancy pins they use... :cute: and even if people are wearing because they take that as a religious thing, then still they wear jeans - that doesn't help... i know a girl who wears hijab and wears abaya too but trusts me.... she is such a bitch... swear point out middle finger... rude to people.... bully them :mad2: is that appropriate surely NOT... :noway: how wearing hijab makes them more "religious" if they can't even be nice to people :unsure: if you want to marry a girl - please don't just accept her just because she looks religious from outside... put more effort in and find out her character or behaviour with people :yep:
Original post by fatima1998
it's just a scarf around their head.... as i have mentioned on the other thread similar to this.... hijabs are now used as a fashion thing than a religious thing.... haven't you seen the jewels or like fancy pins they use... :cute: and even if people are wearing because they take that as a religious thing, then still they wear jeans - that doesn't help... i know a girl who wears hijab and wears abaya too but trusts me.... she is such a bitch... swear point out middle finger... rude to people.... bully them :mad2: is that appropriate surely NOT... :noway: how wearing hijab makes them more "religious" if they can't even be nice to people :unsure: if you want to marry a girl - please don't just accept her just because she looks religious from outside... put more effort in and find out her character or behaviour with people :yep:

Fatima went in! :biggrin:
it's just a scarf around their head.... as i have mentioned on the other thread similar to this.... hijabs are now used as a fashion thing than a religious thing.... haven't you seen the jewels or like fancy pins they use... :cute: and even if people are wearing because they take that as a religious thing, then still they wear jeans - that doesn't help... i know a girl who wears hijab and wears abaya too but trusts me.... she is such a bitch... swear point out middle finger... rude to people.... bully them :mad2: is that appropriate surely NOT... :noway: how wearing hijab makes them more "religious" if they can't even be nice to people :unsure: if you
to marry a girl - please don't just accept her just because she looks religious from outside... put more effort in and find out her character or behaviour with people :yep:

Disagreed with half of the things you said there tbh.
Original post by Rhythmical
Fatima went in! :biggrin:

what does it mean? :innocent:
If a guy tells me to wear hijab after marriage, I'll divorce him.
Original post by samina_ay

not making anyone to agree with me... i have my opinion and you have your own :top:
what does it mean? :innocent:

As in you pointed out that wearing the hijab doesn't equate to being religious. A lot of people I know wear it for the wrong reasons or simply take it off on certain occasions like i.e going out.
Original post by samina_ay

Which part exactly?
It's up to you if you want to wear it, you shouldn't wear it just because some guy told you to. Only wear it when you feel ready.
More would than you think.
They will be the kind of guys that like to display/show off their women though. (Not necessarily a bad thing)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending