The Student Room Group

Everything that has a beginning has an end

Does anyone not believe in this? If you have any counterexamples or arguments please discuss below :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My penis says otherwise. :u:
(edited 7 years ago)
The egos of some celebrities.

Original post by Noodle0
My penis says otherwise.

Very well played.
Reply 3
Original post by Noodle0
My penis says otherwise.

??? your penis doesn't have a bellend???
God
Reply 5
Original post by BookBird
God

Does God have a beginning?
Original post by xylas

I don't know, does he?
Reply 7
Original post by xylas

God is emancipated from the cycle of life & death.

Eternal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, so much of the sea world is undiscovered...so I can't be sure.
Reply 9
Original post by BookBird
I don't know, does he?

No, not if he doesn't even exist
Reply 10
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Well, so much of the sea world is undiscovered...so I can't be sure.

Please elaborate
Reply 11
Original post by Noodle0
My penis says otherwise. :u:

:rofl::rofl:
This is a irrelevant but its some lyrics to a song lol

"The end of the beginning doesn't mean that its the end, (no wait) means about to take the game to level 10, means im bout to make the transition. Moving like im Lewis Hamilton on track up in pole position."

Skrapz - They ain't ready.
We're very sure the universe had a beginning but it's not clear whether it will have an end or not
Original post by xylas
Please elaborate

Well Jellyfish are immortal apparently...

"The jellyfish-like Turritopsis Nutricula reverts back to a juvenile form once it mates after becoming sexually mature."

And we don't know what else lies under the waters, there could be many more sea creatures who hold the same ability.
Reply 15
Everything except god and your soul.

According to the gita, god has no beginning and you have no beginning either. You have always existed and will always cease to exist, only your material body will perish time after time, generation after generation.

Quite a read, the hindu's bhagavad gita.
Reply 16
Original post by Joinedup
We're very sure the universe had a beginning but it's not clear whether it will have an end or not

Fair point, however there is still uncertainty whether it has a beginning or even an end so I wouldn't say it disproves the statement.

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Well Jellyfish are immortal apparently...

"The jellyfish-like Turritopsis Nutricula reverts back to a juvenile form once it mates after becoming sexually mature."

And we don't know what else lies under the waters, there could be many more sea creatures who hold the same ability.

But you can still kill a jellyfish. Also when the planet earth is eventually consumed by the sun, everything in the sea will surely cease to exist.
Original post by xylas
Fair point, however there is still uncertainty whether it has a beginning or even an end so I wouldn't say it disproves the statement.

But you can still kill a jellyfish. Also when the planet earth is eventually consumed by the sun, everything in the sea will surely cease to exist.

That is nice, thank you for that thought. :dong:
Allah is the first one and only one to have no beginning and no end. Eternal.
Reply 19
Original post by Kraixo
Allah is the first one and only one to have no beginning and no end. Eternal.

Not interested in things with no beginning sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending