The Student Room Group

AQA AS History Tudors 1485-1547 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JessThomas6
WOLSEY!!!!!!!!!!! Wolsey was viewed as Alter Rx etc. Then maybe Cromwell, Cranmer etc? Main view for agreement wdould be Wolsey though

Thank You.
But I'm not really sure where Cranmer comes into it, and what about opposing arguments?
Original post by Caraca234
Thank You.
But I'm not really sure where Cranmer comes into it, and what about opposing arguments?

He had a lot of control after the fall of Wolsey etc.
I would guess the reformation of parliament? The fact it wasn't just his ministers ruling but parliament as well? And then try and find some info on how he ruled himself
T
He had a lot of control after the fall of Wolsey etc.
I would guess the reformation of parliament? The fact it wasn't just his ministers ruling but parliament as well? And then try and find some info on how he ruled himself

Thank You :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Caraca234
T

Thank You :smile:

Sorry to but in - you could also write how Henry wasn't interested in public affairs - liked ministers to do it for him, enjoyed sports, tournaments etc.
Original post by kiiten
Ughh nooo - that's too open, I hope they don't include both monarchs. :'(

on the spec its says it will be two questions one based around hvii and one on hviii but there may be dates in the question so you could make a little comparison to the other king to score extra points :smile:

also the fact in both the specimen papers it includes a consolidation question I would say it it quite likely to come up but with parliament or finances as they have already asked about the nobility and fp! Although they may ask about rebellions and uprisings to do with economic, political and religious beliefs HOWEVER nobody can be 100% certain haha good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by pixiejoanna
on the spec its says it will be two questions one based around hvii and one on hviii but there may be dates in the question so you could make a little comparison to the other king to score extra points :smile:

also the fact in both the specimen papers it includes a consolidation question I would say it it quite likely to come up but with parliament or finances as they have already asked about the nobility and fp! Although they may ask about rebellions and uprisings to do with economic, political and religious beliefs HOWEVER nobody can be 100% certain haha good luck everyone :smile:

Really, thats good. Thanks :smile: So one from henry 8 and one from henry 7. Do you think they will ask about consolidation of power during henry 8 reign?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pixiejoanna

where does it say this in the spec?
Original post by emilysmith268
where does it say this in the spec?

Just going to out it out there that my teacher went on a course from AQA and didn't get told it would be one from each King, instead that they would span 20 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just going to out it out there that my teacher went on a course from AQA and didn't get told it would be one from each King, instead that they would span 20 years

so there's no chance it would be over the whole period, like 'how did the economy change under henry vii and henry viii?' is that style of question only for a level?
so there's no chance it would be over the whole period, like 'how did the economy change under henry vii and henry viii?' is that style of question only for a level?

I'm not 100% sure, my teacher said 20 years and then gave use questions like that to plan in class :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you put some of those questions are on here just too see what you mean because 20 years could overlap both reigns?
Original post by James birch 11
Can you put some of those questions are on here just too see what you mean because 20 years could overlap both reigns?

Our practice ones in class were on broad topics over HVII&HVIII
They could overlap both but just look at specimen papers etc.
what developments on trade were there under henry viii?
Reply 33
what developments on trade were there under henry viii?

I couldn't think of anything off of the top of my head so I had to have a look, but I still couldn't find much

- Didn't exploit the opportunity the New World brought, particularly as Portugal and Spain grew richer due to discoveries made in the New World and the vast lands that were colonised in the Americas. This meant trade under Henry VIII was still focused in Europe, and not as lucrative as it could've been.

Aside from that single point, I couldn't find anything else, at least in my course book, so it seems that any question that could be asked on Henry VIII and the economy/finances, would mostly be focused on the reforms of Cromwell and Wolsey, as I don't think there is anything they could potentially ask on trade since there is barely anything for it.
Original post by FAetius
I couldn't think of anything off of the top of my head so I had to have a look, but I still couldn't find much

- Didn't exploit the opportunity the New World brought, particularly as Portugal and Spain grew richer due to discoveries made in the New World and the vast lands that were colonised in the Americas. This meant trade under Henry VIII was still focused in Europe, and not as lucrative as it could've been.

Aside from that single point, I couldn't find anything else, at least in my course book, so it seems that any question that could be asked on Henry VIII and the economy/finances, would mostly be focused on the reforms of Cromwell and Wolsey, as I don't think there is anything they could potentially ask on trade since there is barely anything for it.

thank you! I was panicking - I thought there was a whole topic I hadn't learnt!
My Teacher called up AQA and they said its going to be a question from the textbook.
Reply 36
Original post by JimboNewcs
My Teacher called up AQA and they said its going to be a question from the textbook.

You mean the practice AS questions in the textbook :O is it from this book...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JimboNewcs

Sorry but I don't believe that, they wouldn't do that because it gives an advantage to those schools who can get the book or people who can afford it outside of school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
How would you answer this:

The church in england in the reign of henry vii was riddled with abuses.

Explain - agree/disagree
Original post by kiiten
How would you answer this:

The church in england in the reign of henry vii was riddled with abuses.

Explain - agree/disagree

There are lots of agrees
Absenteeism, pluralism, symony, nepotism, indulgences etc.

Not too sure about disagrees sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending