The Student Room Group

IGCSE CIE Biology may 17th

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Settle
those ****ing fish :angry: i put legal restrictions on fishing amounts, manually modifying or placing fish populations in oceans/rivers, greater encouragement by governments for vegetarianism, and some other stuff I can't remember rn. what about that rhyscosa single-cell organism, or whatever it was called..??

For the single celled organism I talked about the fact that it would burst since it doesn't have a cell wall that's why it had that special vacuole
Reply 21
Original post by eli.ora
Did anybody struggle with the inheritance question about acatalasia? I could not understand how to do a punnet square when one parent had only one gamete drawn -_-

The dieseasw was not sex linked the only reason that it was one gamete is because it was XX so it has x and make had XY so it had X and Y it took me a whole to figure that question out but the punnet square produced Bb Bb and bb bb
Original post by eli.ora
Did anybody struggle with the inheritance question about acatalasia? I could not understand how to do a punnet square when one parent had only one gamete drawn -_-

the parent only had one gamete down because it had two of the same gamete, the recessive gene that shows acatalasia. so one parents was Bb and the other was bb.
I was confused for a second but realised what was going on.

Also how did everyone find the multiple choice?
Original post by Zx12r1
For the single celled organism I talked about the fact that it would burst since it doesn't have a cell wall that's why it had that special vacuole

yup, same, kinda said having a contracting vacuole is pointless in a cell with a cell wall because the cell wall gives turgor to the cell and would prevent its vacuole from over-expanding anyway

Original post by JamDonuts4Life
the parent only had one gamete down because it had two of the same gamete, the recessive gene that shows acatalasia. so one parents was Bb and the other was bb.I was confused for a second but realised what was going on.Also how did everyone find the multiple choice?
Generally easy but made like 3 or 4 stupid mistakes. wtf was up with all the Bs tho
Reply 24
Original post by Settle
yup, same, kinda said having a contracting vacuole is pointless in a cell with a cell wall because the cell wall gives turgor to the cell and would prevent its vacuole from over-expanding anyway

Generally easy but made like 3 or 4 stupid mistakes. wtf was up with all the Bs tho

Yep, so many of them and so few Ds
Reply 25
probably we had different invariant paper, i did 22 and 42
Reply 26
Original post by nerdcry
probably we had different invariant paper, i did 22 and 42

Yep. I did 21 and 41.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending