The Student Room Group

The Same Argument Every Single Day

Scroll to see replies

Original post by newttella
Well, leaflet distribution for example requires no experience and it can pay like 8 pounds an hour sometimes (6.70 is like minimum wage so that's really good).

Not too sure about this. In my experience, there are too many scammers in leaflet distribution and the few that aren't will try various methods to dress up 'commission-based' as a positive. The usual giveaway is when it says 'typical weekly earnings are...' Steer clear, @z33, steer clear. :hand:
Tell them you can't get married before uni, that even if you wanted to, you couldn't. Say you're too young to have all that responsibility put on you, that you're still a child at heart etc etc (try to emotionally get to them)

Then move out of home for uni, get independence and show them that you are your own person with your own choices and ideals for life :yes:
Original post by Hydeman
Not too sure about this. In my experience, there are too many scammers in leaflet distribution and the few that aren't will try various methods to dress up 'commission-based' as a positive. The usual giveaway is when it says 'typical weekly earnings are...' Steer clear, @z33, steer clear. :hand:

Of course there are "bad" companies, you just have to be careful and find the good ones. I guess some have patience to look for them and some not. It's a good summer job if you do find one. Also, the company I'm working at is not commissioned-based, you just try to pass out as many leaflets as possible. It's great and stress-free. I didn't realise leaflet distribution had such a bad rap...:tongue:
Original post by newttella
Of course there are "bad" companies, you just have to be careful and find the good ones. I guess some have patience to look for them and some not. It's a good summer job if you do find one. Also, the company I'm working at is not commissioned-based, you just try to pass out as many leaflets as possible. It's great and stress-free. I didn't realise leaflet distribution had such a bad rap...:tongue:

Haha, fair enough. :tongue: There are quite a few old threads around that are filled with people who've had bad experiences with leaflet distribution, but if it works for you, then great. :smile:

May I ask which company you work for (if it's not a local company whose name would compromise your location, of course :ninja:)?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
Haha, fair enough. :tongue: There are quite a few old threads around that are filled with people who've had bad experiences with leaflet distribution, but if it works for you, then great. :smile:

May I ask which company you work for (if it's not a local company whose name would compromise your location, of course :ninja:)?

Yeah, it's alright. And sure, I'll pm (It's in London).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending