The Student Room Group

Government to introduce Sharia compliant student loans for Muslims

Scroll to see replies

Original post by King7
Oh, you mean MUSLIM? Oh, bless. Its pronunced Muslim, like Muslim. Not Moslem, Muzlim, Mozlem. 😂

Since when has spelling in English been consistent with pronunciation? Do you pronounce "London" as it is spelt?
I don't understand why they don't do this with "normal" student loans, considering these halal loans will be available to everyone anyway?
Original post by yasminkattan
I don't understand why they don't do this with "normal" student loans, considering these halal loans will be available to everyone anyway?

Because they are the same expect they lie about the way the interest is collected to make Muslims feel better about themselves

Oh and all students have to foot the cost for this
Reply 103
Original post by Josb
As far as I know, Chinese don't ask for special laws and rules. That's the difference. Muslims in the West keep asking for a special treatment.

Jews are asking for Kosher meat, vegetaria's are asking for vegetarian menus, Indian people are walking around the in their cultural dresses, Sikh people wearing their turbans, gays want to be able to get legally married.

Ladies are asking not to wear high heels on reception (I used to wear short sleeves and skirt (with think skin colour tights) with heels, and aircon not working (was below government legal temperature), where guys were wearing long sleeves, jacket and trousers, when I asked it to be fixed, manager shouted to receptionist majority guys and asked if they are cold, obviously they said no (I wouldnt be cold in the same outfit either), manager turned to me and said "it's how it's deal with it or leave", manager was white british person.

We are humans, we have preferences, it's ok to ask things, ask more and more and more.....

because every single individual want to leave their lives to the fullest, to have as much as they want from life, from government, form society.

Not many people accepted gay marriages years back when there were limited number of immigrants/muslims in the UK, some brits still don't accept it, does it stop the law? These people couldn't do anything, preserve "their british culture".

I do know you don't like some Islamic teachings, and some things that it promotes, me neither, but nothing will stop the change.

The only way I (personally) see out is education, and I guess by naming this new student type loan "halal" instead of "British choice loan" the government is on the right track too.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Because they are the same expect they lie about the way the interest is collected to make Muslims feel better about themselves

Oh and all students have to foot the cost for this

Riiight it's the evil Muslims' fault, as usual.
Reply 105
Original post by King7
Oh, you mean MUSLIM? Oh, bless. Its pronunced Muslim, like Muslim. Not Moslem, Muzlim, Mozlem. 😂

Nah, I'll keep using moslem. As the dictionary says, it's an arhaic term but then again I'm a bit old fashioned myself. So yeah, moslem. Deal with it.
This is ridiculous. Higher education used to be free and tuition fees can change any time. This has nothing to do with "integration". Every British, non-Muslim student I've spoken to has complained about the tuition fees and interest charged. So enough with this, it's getting old now.

Paying tuition fees = British culture and way of life? Okay.
Original post by Josb
I will not accept Muslims as long as they hate gays and Jews, and consider women as inferior beings. Deal with it.

You shouldn't accept any other group of people then. You think those things are unique to Muslims? There are British people who still don't accept homosexuals, who discriminate against Jews, and are misogynists.
Riiight it's the evil Muslims' fault, as usual.

given this is for muslims

Yes (but not 'evil' just constant demands for special treatment to the determent of others)
Reply 109
Original post by lNurl
Jews are asking for Kosher meat, vegetaria's are asking for vegetarian menus, Indian people are walking around the in their cultural dresses, Sikh people wearing their turbans, gays want to be able to get legally married.

Ladies are asking not to wear high heels on reception (I used to wear short sleeves and skirt (with think skin colour tights) with heels, and aircon not working (was below government legal temperature), where guys were wearing long sleeves, jacket and trousers, when I asked it to be fixed, manager shouted to receptionist majority guys and asked if they are cold, obviously they said no (I wouldnt be cold in the same outfit either), manager turned to me and said "it's how it's deal with it or leave", manager was white british person.

None of these groups wants to change the law to fit religious beliefs.

Original post by lNurl

I do know you don't like some Islamic teachings, and some things that it promotes, me neither, but nothing will stop the change.

You're saying that as if we couldn't do anything against religion. We got rid of the pernicious influence of Christianity in western Europe. I don't want the law to bend over another sick religion.

Original post by lNurl
The only way I (personally) see out is education, and I guess by naming this new student type loan "halal" instead of "British choice loan" the government is on the right track too.

So you mean that Muslims are so stupid that you just have to put 'halal' on something to get them? They can't see it by themselves?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 110
You shouldn't accept any other group of people then. You think those things are unique to Muslims? There are British people who still don't accept homosexuals, who discriminate against Jews, and are misogynists.

I don't accept any people that holds these views. It's just that they seem more prevalent among Muslims.

I'd like to make an citizenship test, where the applicant would have to shake the hand of a gay, a Jew and a woman. Anybody refusing to do so would be denied naturalisation - non-Muslim people included.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shahanne
lol u guys are all so islamophobic and stupid
seriously get over yerselves
its just the government trying to be more inclusive of others. including others doesnt mean u will be excluded
after WWII people from the commonwealth were manipulated into coming to this country to 'rebuild' britain so if you are going to blame someone for this multiculturalism, guess whose fault it is?
- Shahanne's older sister x

Oh, really? How were they manipulated? They helped us with a labour shortage, no doubt, but 'manipulated?' Perhaps you should hold back on accusing others of stupidity while you continue to be an example of it yourself.
Original post by shahanne
why are you on the student room then? i thought this website was for British students

That's the predominant demographic, yes. But there's nothing in the rules against non-British non-students joining. For someone whining about inclusion, you seem oddly opposed to it when it inconveniences you.

Also regardless if you want to, in most British schools it is compulsory to take a subject such as RS/Global Studies/Citizenship so you can learn more about society and other faiths etc. so you don;t end up like the ignoramus you are.

You probably would've benefited from it

Having a GCSE in RS in no way qualifies or disqualifies anyone from speaking about society and religion - I can only assume that you're a GCSE student with an unrealistic view of the rigour of GCSEs if you're making such a big deal of this.

Also, just for the record: Josb is more educated than you're ever likely to be, so you're in no position to talk down to him. Just some advice, to save you further self-inflicted embarrassment.
Original post by Josb
I don't accept any people that holds these views. It's just that they seem more prevalent among Muslims.

I'd like to make an citizenship test, where the applicant would have to shake the hand of a gay, a Jew and a woman. Anybody refusing to do so would be denied naturalisation - non-Muslim people included.

Even Hitler would shake hands with a Jew if he had to.
Every British, non-Muslim student I've spoken to has complained about the tuition fees and interest charged.

As you well know, their complaints about tuition fee loans and the interest charged on them have to do with the fact that it's more money that they will have to pay back, should they earn over the threshold. Their objection is not a moral one to interest, so let's not pretend that there's any equivalence between the two. You know there isn't.
Can't think of any Muslim countries that offer non Muslims interest free loans.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BaconandSauce
:biggrin:

Yep and there are others

kind of negates the argument education prevents extremism (when they still practice isolationism within their ISOC's)

Yep. But it's funny that it ever had to be refuted given how demonstrably false it is. Loads of these people are middle-class/university educated. Other famous examples include one of the first ISIS Brits to die in Iraq who went to a 20k a year school, Jihadi John who is university-educated and former extremist Maajid Naawaz who went to LSE no less.

All this crap about how they need to be educated, given opportunities and blah blah is just a ruse by terrorist apologists who want to blame the blood lust of some of their "brothers" on us. It's like I say, yes it does take only a small, extremist minority to join terrorist groups. It takes most of the "peaceful" moderates to apologise for them and blame the victims.
Original post by Quantex
They will end up paying interest in all but name but if it makes them happy and comfortable to borrow money for university, then I don't see the problem.

This.

If people want to get angry about Halal they should stear their attention to halal meat where there are clear animal welfare issues. These not loans that are essentially loans are basically harmless. I don't see the problem.

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Can't think of any Muslim countries that offer non Muslims interest free loans.
So you are saying we should be more like Muslim countries?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
This.

If people want to get angry about Halal they should stear their attention to halal meat where there are clear animal welfare issues. These not loans that are essentially loans are basically harmless. I don't see the problem.

So you are saying we should be more like Muslim countries?

No I'm saying at how we're stupidly making Sharia options a choice for Muslim students. It's not fair non Muslims don't get. It's hilarious because Muslim countries don't have loans like this for non Muslim students.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
No I'm saying at how we're stupidly making Sharia options a choice for Muslim students. It's not fair non Muslims don't get. It's hilarious because Muslim countries don't have loans like this for non Muslim students.

Why is that hilarious? Why is Muslim countries not providing options for different ethnic groups a reason why we should not do that? Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia or Iran are intolerant, bigoted places. They kill gay people, lash bloggers, oppress their women and so on. Should we follow suit? After all Muslim countries don't give gays human rights so why should we? Just because a Muslim country does or does not do something isn't a reason why we should do or not do that thing... They are crap countries. I like to think this isn't a crap country.

So you want us to be like a Muslim country and not allow people a way of getting a "loan" that is more in line with their religion? I'd rather not be like a Muslim country.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending