The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE student loan

Due to unexpected circumstances, I may not be able to support my study for masters at LSE. Some people recommend me to apply for student loans, I thought I might give it a try. Is anyone on the same boat as me? Are the student loans difficult to secure? Would appreciate any input and advice on this as I’m really lost and devastated now.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Due to unexpected circumstances, I may not be able to support my study for masters at LSE. Some people recommend me to apply for student loans, I thought I might give it a try. Is anyone on the same boat as me? Are the student loans difficult to secure? Would appreciate any input and advice on this as I’m really lost and devastated now.

Hi, please don’t worry. You are eligible for a student loan at masters level. These are straightforward and the majority of people are able to apply. Have a look at the government website for masters loans where it provides more detail. What you can’t get is the maintenance loan (only seems to be available for undergrad), but the amount is significant and might be enough for you to be able to consider. I’m sorry about your circumstances but please don’t worry as the loan is available to you and easy to process. Good luck
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2

Hi, please don’t worry. You are eligible for a student loan at masters level. These are straightforward and the majority of people are able to apply. Have a look at the government website for masters loans where it provides more detail. What you can’t get is the maintenance loan (only seems to be available for undergrad), but the amount is significant and might be enough for you to be able to consider. I’m sorry about your circumstances but please don’t worry as the loan is available to you and easy to process. Good luck

Thank you for your kind words:frown: I’m really on the urge of breaking down. I’m an international student from Singapore, there aren’t many funds at LSE available for me, that’s why I’m panicking so bad:frown:(((
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for your kind words:frown: I’m really on the urge of breaking down. I’m an international student from Singapore, there aren’t many funds at LSE available for me, that’s why I’m panicking so bad:frown:(((

If you are an international student, then you won't be able to apply to the UK government for student finance. Does your own government offer student finance?
Original post by Anonymous #1

Please, please don’t worry - as much as it seems a desperate situation right now, there will be a solution for you. You just need to take a different route.
I didn’t appreciate you are an international student, so yes, that affects funding. Ok.. here’s a link I’ve found https://www.findamasters.com/guides/international-masters-funding-uk which might help with scholarship information. I haven’t watched it, but it might be useful for you. Best of luck and there will be a solution. You can do this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending