The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Bocconi or King's College London for undergrad?

I hold an offer from King's College London for the BSc in Economics & Management. In case I get accepted at Bocconi ( International Economics and Management/Finance) which one should I choose?

Quality of the course, employability, name recognition in terms of I-Banking recruiting and teaching quality are all important factors for me but of course a decent social scene would be great as well. (Obviously Bocconi would be the cheaper option!?)

Maybe some other students are facing a similar situation :smile: Thank you for your advice.

-Moritz
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I hope you are kidding

Bocconi is very bad university compared to King's.
Milan is very very very bad compared to London.

I cant compare this two universities seriously.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by xaBu
I hope you are kidding

Bocconi is very bad university compared to King's.
Milan is very very very bad compared to London.

I cant compare this two universities seriously.

Thanks for your reply!

I'm not kidding. Bocconi has a good reputation amongst employers and it is the cheaper option. That's why I'm considering it.

Why would you say KCL is better? (Obviously London > Milan.. but I was hoping you can give me some information in terms of the education I'd receive)
Reply 3
Anyone else has an opinion for me ? Would really appreciate any advice regarding both schools.

Thank you! :smile:

In case I should repost this thread elsewhere please let me know! ( I'm new on TSR )
Bocconi is a great business school. King's is well reputed university but only with an emerging business school. So if you sum it up I would say that the brand name is pretty much equivalent. I think it's a hard choice. On King's side the London factor is key. Is Bocconi really cheaper?
Reply 5
Thank you for your response!

I think King's has a better brand recognition worldwide (especially in the US). Also, I'd love to do a semester abroad at UC Berkeley. ( not sure how realistic that is though ) so I'm leaning towards King's as of now.

Living in london (not only housing but pretty much everything else ) is just crazy expensive. On top of that I might receive a scholarship from Bocconi.

I just don't know if living in Milan ( without knowing the language ) would make me happy. I'm pretty sure the Uni is great.
Living in Milan is extremely expensive too.
The exchange with UC Berkeley at King's is for second year Econ & Management. Not too hard to get from what I know.
Reply 7
Where did you get that information from? I've heard that it's extremely competitive..

Could you elaborate on that?
Reply 8
Milan is an expensive city but way less than London, I can say that for sure.
I read that King's College is not a target: http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/why-is-kings-college-not-a-target
Plus, if you want to do investment banking I suppose you like finance, or at least want recruiters to think that, so it makes sense to go for economics and finance, not management.

Quick Reply

Latest