The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I second the above post. Are the any predictions for the media paper? I've not seen anyone post anything. Regardless, New Media and Globalisation didn't come up last year, and they almost always do that or Ownership and control.
Any predictions?
Reply 743
Hey, can someone please post a essay plan for the usefulness of postmodern theories in our understanding of society! Thankyou
Original post by SJJ97
Hey, can someone please post a essay plan for the usefulness of postmodern theories in our understanding of society! Thankyou

Sure, I'll do it tomorrow....... or later today rather, haha :wink:

Can't get to sleep :frown:
Reply 745
Original post by Noj777
Sure, I'll do it tomorrow....... or later today rather, haha :wink:

Can't get to sleep :frown:

Thankyou!! Can you email it to me please?
Reply 746
I'm literally so stuck in revising for these exams. How is everyone revising?! Particularly for SCLY3 beliefs in society.. I don't know where to start.

I'm a self-taught student so i don't have a lot of the resources or knowledge that everyone seems to have so any help would be much appreciated!
How do you guys retain all the info?
Original post by SJJ97
Thankyou!! Can you email it to me please?

Sure, i'll get straight onto it when I'm home about 6/7 pm. I'll adapt it from a written overview I have :smile:
Tonight I will upload some Unit 2 Education overviews I have.

They have a 'coding' system which is silly and will mean nothing to anyone, so just ignore it (I made them based around some weird acronyms that some friends created, but hopefully, the info will be of some use :smile: )
For mass media, the question assess the view that the news is a social construction - do you need to argue that it isn't a social construction as a counter argument?
Original post by Carla98
For mass media, the question assess the view that the news is a social construction - do you need to argue that it isn't a social construction as a counter argument?

Yes, you would do this by talking about how pluralists say that the news is run purely from a business perspective and that the owners are out to make money and therefore it's not a social construction, you can then contrast this with neo-pluralist views who believe that it has to suit certain news values to be reported on, as well as Curran and Marxism who would say that it's more ideological/capitalist indoctrination.
Original post by xxsv
What are the predictions for Beliefs in Society?
And what are the predictions for Crime and Deviance?
Also, can anyone explain what the Theory and Methods part of scly4 is? I've barely done any revision lol.

Crime and Deviance is supposedly Globalisation or Gender. For theory it is supposedly going to be Social Policy, Postal Questionnaires or Sociology as a Science.
Is globalisation a prediction for both Religion and Crime and Deviance?

Because surely it could only come up on one paper?
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
Is globalisation a prediction for both Religion and Crime and Deviance?

Because surely it could only come up on one paper?

but I'm pretty sure last year social policy came up for both education and families?
Original post by Baron von Haxor
Yes, you would do this by talking about how pluralists say that the news is run purely from a business perspective and that the owners are out to make money and therefore it's not a social construction, you can then contrast this with neo-pluralist views who believe that it has to suit certain news values to be reported on, as well as Curran and Marxism who would say that it's more ideological/capitalist indoctrination.

Ok thank you! I've more focused on things like churnalism and moral panics so is that wrong?
Original post by Uw0tm8_
but I'm pretty sure last year social policy came up for both education and families?

Damn my memory is bad, but yes you're right! I'm going to focus on globalisation for both then probably :smile:
Predictions for religion, crime, even theory of methods? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone say the questions that came up for scly4 last year and the predictions for crime and deviance this year please.
Thank you
does anyone have either an essay or a detailed plan for the relationship between human rights, state crimes and globalisation. so confused :-( thanks!!

Latest

Trending

Trending