The Student Room Group

Will he eventually lose interest??

Okay so I have this friend and we were previously romantically involved but I decided that I wasn't quite ready for a relationship (not ready for the commitment). We are still quite close and we do everything we used to do in a relationship e.g. text every day, occasional sex, mild jealousy. I'm still not ready for the commitment and at this stage I believe that he still likes me but I'm also scared he will eventually lose interest in me romantically since I'm just stringing him along and that when I am ready for a relationship he wont want that. I'm also terrified that he might find someone who is better than me and that will be it. My one chance just thrown away. But I dont want to get into a relationship when I'm not ready cause that will just cause extra stress and I would never want to hurt him by cheating or doing something stupid. How long will it take before he eventually loses interest in me romantically? How long do I have?
Reply 1
bump
In short, yup.
It's okay for you to not be ready for commitment, but he's not obliged to wait around for you. Sooner or later he'll get bored of you wasting his time
Reply 3
If you're not ready for a relationship then you shouldn't be worried about losing him, it seems pretty tight that you're just leading him on. You should tell him what you've said on here, or he probably will realise you're just leading him on and leave.
(edited 7 years ago)
................so you want to have your cake and eat it? that ain't cool.

nah. you aren't entitled anything. if he leaves you (hope he will. you stringing the guy along for no reason); then that'll be because despite all you've said, he still is entitled to make up his own mind about what he wants to do. at this point it seems likely that he will lose interest as you're not ready for a relationship but he is. don't be surprised if he moves on. i'm not too sure how long you have, but at any rate, if i were the dude, i'd have walked away yesterday.
Reply 5
Original post by cxxk
If you're not ready for a relationship then you shouldn't be worried about losing him, it seems pretty tight that you're just leading him on. You should tell him what you've said on here, or he probably will realise you're just leading him on and leave.

Original post by theDanIdentity
................so you want to have your cake and eat it? that ain't cool.

nah. you aren't entitled anything. if he leaves you (hope he will. you stringing the guy along for no reason); then that'll be because despite all you've said, he still is entitled to make up his own mind about what he wants to do. at this point it seems likely that he will lose interest as you're not ready for a relationship but he is. don't be surprised if he moves on. i'm not too sure how long you have, but at any rate, if i were the dude, i'd have walked away yesterday.

I've already told him that I'm not ready for a relationship and I've made it clear that we are just friends despite still doing relationship stuff. I don't feel like I'm stringing him along considering I've told him this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending