The Student Room Group

What's the kindest thing somebody's done for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thought I'd start an optimistic topic. What is the kindest thing someone's done for you, big or small?

x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My boyfriend has stood by me through my mental health journey for the last 7 years when some friends and even some family members didn't stick around. That's the kindest and most grateful thing I feel he could have done for me and he has.

People randomly treating me to takeaways every now and again is also a very kind act :tongue: :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today my politics tutor helped me with some history stuff I didn't understand properly, I thought that was so kind. :colondollar: He really helped, like I completely understand everything now. :h:
Someone once said to me....

(whilst I was explaining the social thelology behind sucking up, peer pressure and the all encompasing social ladder which isnt really a thing unless you see it as one)

.... that I just say things like it is

and thats true, no drama, no cherry coating, no lies, no beating any bushes or trees, it is what it is :h:

Also higher year ppl always love my breakdancing and parkour:h:

and @z33 just said my memes were dank

source:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4104237&page=3

and ofc not all kind ppl and heroes wear capes....

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Spock's Socks
My boyfriend has stood by me through my mental health journey for the last 7 years when some friends and even some family members didn't stick around. That's the kindest and most grateful thing I feel he could have done for me and he has.

People randomly treating me to takeaways every now and again is also a very kind act :tongue: :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You had a boyfriend for 7 years?
How old are you?
Reply 5
Original post by M14B
You had a boyfriend for 7 years?
How old are you?

Yeah we have been together 7 years and counting :smile: I'm 23 and he's 24.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Given me cake and helped me with an essay after sex :u:
Reply 7
my mum popped me out so there's that... maybe that's more of a curse than a blessing tho :lol:
Reply 8
Yeah we have been together 7 years and counting :smile: I'm 23 and he's 24.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice!
I thought you were younger!
Reply 9
Original post by M14B
Nice!
I thought you were younger!

Lol yeah my cartoon avatars and the fact I look about 12 doesn't help :colondollar: :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're easily pleased, aren't you!

One thing is hard. One of my friends is amazing though. He spends some of his Wednesday evenings teaching me (for free) the ukulele over Skype and he's helped me so much over the last 3 years.
@noticemesenpai drew my lovely avatar to which I am eternally grateful.

Really I can't think of major kind things people do to me.

Of course all my supportive teachers, my parents etc. But that's all the same for most.

I am yet to have someone do something so kind, that without a shadow of a doubt I can say "yep that's the kindest thing someone has done" :moon:
I think just be there for me. I've had a tough last few years and knowing that someone is there despite knowing something about you or knowing that something has happened to you - you can't even find words to thank them. Be it virtually or irl. There are a few people on here that are always there for me even though they don't know me and I don't even know how to thank them. I always say thank you, but I don't think they know how much I really do appreciate it
(edited 7 years ago)
Kept me in their prayers
Gave me food :yep::colondollar:
Original post by homeland.lsw
@noticemesenpai drew my lovely avatar to which I am eternally grateful.

Really I can't think of major kind things people do to me.

Of course all my supportive teachers, my parents etc. But that's all the same for most.

I am yet to have someone do something so kind, that without a shadow of a doubt I can say "yep that's the kindest thing someone has done" :moon:

Awww <3 well, i took all of my time to make sure it was perfect for you!!!

random I know.....:redface:
Original post by ForestShadow

Just saying I love these specific memes :teehee:
Reply 18
Somebody from my school gave me the extra 5p I was missing in an awkward stand-off with a Tesco self-checkout machine before school...
Original post by noticemesenpai
Awww <3 well, i took all of my time to make sure it was perfect for you!!!

Oh I hope I didn't waste your time? :sad:

Quick Reply

Latest