The Student Room Group

A girl in my flat who I fancy

Hi

Im in my first year and I fancy a girl in my flat that I live with. I havent asked her out all year and its nearing the end of term for the year. I dont know what to do. Any suggestions? Also I wont be living with her for 2nd year.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Missed the boat m8, should've had all your first year to do it
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1

I know. Its just I was too scared to ask her. I never knew the right time to ask her and I didnt know if she would like me to. Know Im guttted that I didnt ask her out. :frown:
Original post by sdf1444
I know. Its just I was too scared to ask her. I never knew the right time to ask her and I didnt know if she would like me to. Know Im guttted that I didnt ask her out. :frown:

It's OK, you'll probably be more attracted to your new flatmate. The alternative is to go out and attend as many social events as possible.
Reply 4
I don't think it's too late. In fact, I think you've been really wise to hold out. Being in a relationship with a flat mate can cause all kinds of drama and would be really awkward if it didn't work out.

Let her know how you feel. If I were you I'd drop her a text and say something along the lines of 'Hey, would you be interested in going for a date some time? Truth is, I really like you and have done for some time but I didn't want to cause any rifts or awkwardness whilst we were living together if you didn't feel the same way. I thought, seeing as we're coming to the end of the year and we won't be living with each other next year that now would be the best time to tell you how I feel.'

Maybe spice it up a bit, aha. Or if you're feeling brave, tell her face to face!

Do you have any indication to suggest that she might like you too? Has she ever been flirty? Etc.
Reply 5
It's OK, you'll probably be more attracted to your new flatmate. The alternative is to go out and attend as many social events as possible.

Do you mean whoever I live with next year. Why would I be more attracted to them.
Reply 6
Original post by Stk1010
I don't think it's too late. In fact, I think you've been really wise to hold out. Being in a relationship with a flat mate can cause all kinds of drama and would be really awkward if it didn't work out.

Let her know how you feel. If I were you I'd drop her a text and say something along the lines of 'Hey, would you be interested in going for a date some time? Truth is, I really like you and have done for some time but I didn't want to cause any rifts or awkwardness whilst we were living together if you didn't feel the same way. I thought, seeing as we're coming to the end of the year and we won't be living with each other next year that now would be the best time to tell you how I feel.'

Maybe spice it up a bit, aha. Or if you're feeling brave, tell her face to face!

Do you have any indication to suggest that she might like you too? Has she ever been flirty? Etc.

Shes gonna finish uni in 2 days as thats when she finish her exams and I finish next Friday. And I dont know if she will be gone straight after. Should i still send the message?
Reply 7
Original post by sdf1444
Shes gonna finish uni in 2 days as thats when she finish her exams and I finish next Friday. And I dont know if she will be gone straight after. Should i still send the message?

Absolutely, you've got nothing to lose.

I'd be interested to see how she replies, let us know!!
Reply 8
Don't send a message, that is a crap strategy. Just ask her out..
do either - good luck!
Reply 10
Original post by Zarek
Don't send a message, that is a crap strategy. Just ask her out..

How though?
try not to make it seem like a date
‘Hey do you wanna catch a movie later’
‘Hey there’s this new curry place do you wanna go there with me'
Reply 12
Original post by frankielogue
try not to make it seem like a date
‘Hey do you wanna catch a movie later’
‘Hey there’s this new curry place do you wanna go there with me'

I disagree. Seeing as you're already friends, if you ask her just to go see a movie or go grab something to eat she might interpret that as an invitation to a friendly outing... as mates. She needs to know hat your intentions are not to be mates, but hopefully more. So, let her know you want to go on a date or at least let her know how you feel so she is aware of your intentions.
Original post by Stk1010
I disagree. Seeing as you're already friends, if you ask her just to go see a movie or go grab something to eat she might interpret that as an invitation to a friendly outing... as mates. She needs to know hat your intentions are not to be mates, but hopefully more. So, let her know you want to go on a date or at least let her know how you feel so she is aware of your intentions.

true
Ask her if she fancies going for a fish supper?
Reply 15
Original post by Awesome-o
Ask her if she fancies going for a fish supper?

Funny, I just cooked a fish stew last night.
Reply 16
Original post by Stk1010
Absolutely, you've got nothing to lose.

I'd be interested to see how she replies, let us know!!

I sent the message to her but she didnt wan to go out with me. She only sees me as a friend. Ive been friendzoned.
Reply 17

That one!
Reply 18
Hi guys

I got rejected.
Original post by sdf1444
Hi guys

I got rejected.

:console:

Maybe you can think about however you did it and try to improve it/try something else the next time you fancy someone.

But it's good that you had the confidence to go for it anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending