The Student Room Group

Macroeconomics exam technique

Hi, I'm new here

Can anyone help me with macro exam technique? I'm not really sure how to structure each paragraph and how to include evaluation (should I include it in each paragraph or make separate evaluation paras?)

I've been getting As for micro, but I don't understand what is going wrong with macro
Original post by ultralightbeam
Hi, I'm new here

Can anyone help me with macro exam technique? I'm not really sure how to structure each paragraph and how to include evaluation (should I include it in each paragraph or make separate evaluation paras?)

I've been getting As for micro, but I don't understand what is going wrong with macro

I found that keeping a structure throughout the essay really helped. Which meant, the introduction, and then I'd go on to my key points. Each key point would have it's paragraph, which would include the explanation and analysis (as well as diagram if applicable), and then definitely evaluate within the same paragraph. I found that way I ensured I would put in a good amount of evaluation. I find if you leave evaluation to different paragraphs, you won't necessarily do as much as you should, and it might not be as cohesive. Do as many paragraphs as you have main points you want to focus on, and then take the key thing or two to wrap it up with in your conclusion!
Original post by mobbsy91
I found that keeping a structure throughout the essay really helped. Which meant, the introduction, and then I'd go on to my key points. Each key point would have it's paragraph, which would include the explanation and analysis (as well as diagram if applicable), and then definitely evaluate within the same paragraph. I found that way I ensured I would put in a good amount of evaluation. I find if you leave evaluation to different paragraphs, you won't necessarily do as much as you should, and it might not be as cohesive. Do as many paragraphs as you have main points you want to focus on, and then take the key thing or two to wrap it up with in your conclusion!

thank you so much
thank you so much

No problem :smile: When's the exam??
Original post by mobbsy91
No problem :smile: When's the exam??

tomorrow :s-smilie: but hopefully i've done enough revision to get at least a B
tomorrow :s-smilie: but hopefully i've done enough revision to get at least a B

Ahh sure you have!! Best of luck!
Hi, I'm new here

My technique with Macro (AQA) is to tackle one MEPO or policy per paragraph. I probably don't do enough definitions - use these, you can get some easy marks! Also, it's great to use a few real world examples, Google some tonight and they'll really boost your answer. My favourite example to use at the moment is the fact that England has a low unemployment rate and also at the moment we are experiencing high growth. Despite this, we have a balance of payments deficit. In contrast, Japan has a surplus, as well as a low unemployment rate, but also has stagflation, despite the implementation of 'Abenomics' in recent years!

Quick Reply

Latest