The Student Room Group

Who do you want to win the Austrian election?

Scroll to see replies

It was DEFINITELY rigged
(edited 7 years ago)
It was DEFINITELY rigged
Original post by Jebedee
Or maybe that it was only swayed last minute due to postal votes, which happen to account for 3x more than they did in the previous election. FYI postal votes are the easiest by far to tamper with or to "lose" accidentally on purpose.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-23/dramatic-outcome-austrias-right-wing-presidential-candidate-defeated-thanks-postal-v
Reply 43
Original post by viddy9
I'm not saying I would agree with everything that the Professor says, but I'm actually fine with a federalised Europe. I hope we do get a federal Europe one day, in fact.
So, you would wish that the UK becomes a country of an European super state, with all decision made in Brussels?

And btw, although vdB is a professor of economics he personally never a day working into an economic system and has no personall experiance about it
Original post by viddy9
You call Van der Bellen crazy when Hofer is so paranoid that he has to carry a gun with him because of "the immigrants"? Hofer is a nutcase.

Well, you seem to never read an austrian newpaper. There is literarly every day a report of some incidents. Or the reports about sharia kindergartens in Vienna.

Only last year during the Invasion crisis Austria was settled by 100,000 Muslims and you steal dare to say why is there a paranoia about immigrants.

In fact you leftards are like Nazi during world war who denied the holocaust. Only in this case you are dening the rape and criminality going on.

And you still ignore the part where vdB is a friend with a guy who literary said he hates Austrians.

We people in Central Europe do not want to be disgusting slums like in London or Brighton. Leave us alone.
Original post by Mathemagicien
The far left guy

Keep the far right out of power

Agreed! Can risk the entire EU...
Original post by slaven
Van der Bellen is a crazy ****. Do you know he opendly supports a federalised Europe where Austria would be a county? He openly stated this.

That isn't a crime :rolleyes:

In the development of tieing Europe together after WWII there has always existed the two strains of federalism and intergovernmentalism.
Original post by slaven

We people in Central Europe do not want to be disgusting slums like in London or Brighton. Leave us alone.

:lolwut:

Have you been to Brighton?
Reply 47
Original post by TeenPolyglot
I haven't really been keeping up with the Austrian political system...

To inform ya all not aware of the Austrian party system. The Austrian Greens are actually a party of upper-class liberal burgoise. Their only strongholds are the rich dandy quarters of Vienna. From this milleu comes also van der Bellen. He himself is of aristocratic desendant. Their voters base is about 10-12% of the population.

The FPÖ on other hand has its voters base among the syndicalists and generally working class of Austria. About 2/3 of working syndicalists is affiliated with them. The Austrian state TV said that about 80% of workers and low-eduacated voted for them while 20% for vdB

Now, the vast majority of people who voted for vdB in the second round are not affiliated with the Green Party but sympathiser of other system parties (like the SPÖ and ÖVP) who happen to falll in the media propaganda.

The office of the Austrian president is largely ceremonial with the exception that he can dissmis a government without giving a real reason why he did it.
Reply 48
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
:lolwut:

Have you been to Brighton?

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
That isn't a crime :rolleyes:

In the development of tieing Europe together after WWII there has always existed the two strains of federalism and intergovernmentalism.

Oh, I mean Birmingham, Woolwich and Luton. Also, multi-kulti slums full of criminality and rape.

vdB wants an United states of Europe. That is something like if somebody would propose to legalise pedophilia. Also, it would never work since there is no solidarity between the nations of Europe in sence they all coniserd as "one".

here is a demonstration of this, For instance would you personally defend my country if it was invaded by a foreign power?

I personally would never want to defent Britain from an invasion, because we have nothing with you in common. And secondly UK is to us to disgusting to us decent Continentals to move our asses to defend it. it has no-go zone and sharia patrols. Also Brits are generally cucks. I would only come to the UK to find some cheap drunk Anglo girl
Original post by slaven
Van der Bellen is a crazy ****. Do you know he opendly supports a federalised Europe where Austria would be a county? He openly stated this.

Than one of his buddies with who he loves to take photos is a rapper who emigrated from Iran. The rapper called Austrian *******s. Can you support a candidate who make photos with a person who hate Brits.

of course such things you cannot here on BBC or Guardians since you media wants you to support him.

Support for a federal Europe is pretty common in continental Europe, especially on the left.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by Jammy Duel
Support for a federal Europe is pretty common in continental Europe, especially on the left.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually among the population is is very extreme low. On other hand the political elites support it only that they do not said it openly but unlike vdB just ignore the topic.

"But the victory by the right-wing Hofer would have been far more symbolic, and would highlight the sharp divisions in Austrian society, one of Europe's more affluent."

I'm curious to know why they think a Hofer victory would highlight a sharp division and why they think the current result does not.
Do people with certain ideas and beliefs float off into the ether once their candidate loses?
Reply 52
People need to get their terms right. Rightist cucks = cuckservative, Liberal leftist cuck = libtard because they are already assumed to be cucks anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by slaven
Oh, I mean Birmingham, Woolwich and Luton. Also, multi-kulti slums full of criminality and rape.

vdB wants an United states of Europe. That is something like if somebody would propose to legalise pedophilia. Also, it would never work since there is no solidarity between the nations of Europe in sence they all coniserd as "one".

here is a demonstration of this, For instance would you personally defend my country if it was invaded by a foreign power?

I personally would never want to defent Britain from an invasion, because we have nothing with you in common. And secondly UK is to us to disgusting to us decent Continentals to move our asses to defend it. it has no-go zone and sharia patrols. Also Brits are generally cucks. I would only come to the UK to find some cheap drunk Anglo girl

I am from birmingham. No there is no mass rape from muslims just saying. Whilst I’d support Hofer because I oppose immigration, do not insult my city saying it is full of criminality and rape. Like all cities, it has some, but very little.
Original post by slaven

You're on the wrong side of history :wink: .

He just have a different political view than you on where Europe should go. It is not at all comparable to wanting paedophilia legalised. Saying so just makes you look ridiculous, to childish and immature to even grasp that your position is not the only valid position to hold. It would be like me calling you a fascist only for the reason are against a federalised Europe.

I'm more likely to want to fight in something like the Spanish civil war on grounds of internationalist class solidarity with those in Spain fighting Franco as opposed to fighting to defend the country I was born in. I would not want to fight to "defend" my country in a war like world war one. So in the right conditions I would fight for people in another country, although I wouldn't be fighting for a country in the way you see it. Instead it would be for something I suspect you are strongly against, some kind of internationalism.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending