The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics AS Physics on the Go Unit 1 *RETAKE*

I can't seem to find a forum for this exam (Non IAL).
How did everyone find it? 24/05/16

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!

I felt that it was better than last year, but there were some questions that were quite tricky... Overall, I think it was a good paper. :smile: What about you?
Was alright but did anyone get 144J for the boy and the pogo stick question? really confused
Original post by extreamedice
Was alright but did anyone get 144J for the boy and the pogo stick question? really confused

I GOT 144J aswell BUT MY FRIENDS GOT LIKE 128J? HOW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Reply 4
Original post by Mizuz
Hey!

I felt that it was better than last year, but there were some questions that were quite tricky... Overall, I think it was a good paper. :smile: What about you?

Same here :smile:. For some reason I just couldn't get the work done for the kid with the pogo stick. And for the question after, did you equate the work done (130J) to 1/2mv^2 for his initial velocity? It seemed like hardly any working for 4 marks :s-smilie:
Reply 5

Yes I did! No matter what I did, I couldn't get an answer around 130J. I just went with what I felt right at the end... :L
Guys how did everyone get close to 130j when i got 144j?!?!?!?!!?
How did i get 144j guys people got 126 or 128?
Reply 8
Original post by Ezio.
Same here :smile:. For some reason I just couldn't get the work done for the kid with the logo stick. And for the question after, did you equate the work done (130J) to 1/2mv^2 for his initial velocity? It seemed like hardly any working for 4 marks :s-smilie:

Yes, that's exactly what I did. It was really weird, because those seemed too easy 4 marks. I did write GPE > KE, because I've seen on past papers that sometimes, this statement carries a mark of its own... Don't know.
Reply 9
Original post by KINGYusuf
How did i get 144j guys people got 126 or 128?

No idea. I got 144J too.
Original post by Mizuz
Yes I did! No matter what I did, I couldn't get an answer around 130J. I just went with what I felt right at the end... :L

Ahhh! what a relief :smile: Also did anyone get like 60+ metres for the golf horizontal distance?
Ahhh! what a relief :smile: Also did anyone get like 60+ metres for the golf horizontal distance?

I got ninety something
Reply 12

I got something around 90-100 m can't remember
Reply 13

Yes...I got something 90... I feel like instead of doubling the time, I divided it....do you remember the velocity and the angle??
Original post by KINGYusuf
I got ninety something

Ah yes that sounds more like what i put! all i remember is my time was 3.1 or something but i forgot what the horizontal thingy. did you get the same time?
I thought it was a good paper!! Although I messed up on two, my mind blanked on the horizontal distance and the Stokes' law question, frustrating as they seem so simple now that I've thought about it!!
All the people from my college got 98.4m and we got 127 or 126J for the work done

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah yes that sounds more like what i put! all i remember is my time was 3.1 or something but i forgot what the horizontal thingy. did you get the same time?

I did work out time to reach max height -> multiply this time by 2 to find the total time of flight -> work out horizontal component of velocity and multiply this by the time of flight
Reply 18

Yeh the time for the full flight was 3.1 s
Also what did people get for the vectors question I got 13.6N and 47 degrees

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest