The Student Room Group

Arsey's solutions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arsey
Thank you for your kind comments but could I ask you knock the petitions etc on the head, I am not going to post solutions regardless of the outcome.

Edexcel have not contacted me personally, but they have made it known in their recent blanket communication that they do not wish papers solutions to be made available online and did express their disappointment that the C1 solutions where posted on TSR. I intend to respect their wishes.

Thank you so much for everything. we greatly appreciate it. Does this also mean they'll take down the previous past papers and mark schemes?
Reply 81
If I had the paper I would upload solutions (not on TSR of course and without showing the actual paper to keep Pearson happy)
If anyone has it email it in my site's email
Reply 82
Original post by Arsey
Thank you for your kind comments but could I ask you knock the petitions etc on the head, I am not going to post solutions regardless of the outcome.

Edexcel have not contacted me personally, but they have made it known in their recent blanket communication that they do not wish papers solutions to be made available online and did express their disappointment that the C1 solutions where posted on TSR. I intend to respect their wishes.

I agree with Arsey that petitions are a waste of time. HOWEVER it is not clear to me why a different approach could not be taken. Teachers and Educators must surely recognise the benefits of this sort of website which encourages and promotes learning and education throughout the student body. Examination boards need to recognise that they too are part of the education process and should be encouraged to contribute with mark schemes, papers etc. I can see no reason why OFSTED either wouldn't (or couldn't) promote this message. Exam boards come across as being largely obstructive in this process, and surely more progressive thinking is called for
What can edexcel even do to you if you post the solutions? Call the police? Nothing
Reply 84
Has anyone got the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TeeEm
If I had the paper I would upload solutions (not on TSR of course and without showing the actual paper to keep Pearson happy)
If anyone has it email it in my site's email

This would be very great! Please do

Especially: FP2, M2, S2, S3.
S3 came out today, but no MS yet, so maybe you could help with that :wink:
Thanks a lot!
Original post by Arsey
Edexcel have made it very clear that they do not wish for their papers, or solutions to their papers to be made available online.

The reason they give is that they would like schools to have the opportunity to use these papers for mocks etc. There is also a copyright issue.

My personal belief is that in the modern age that trying to prevent papers and solutions appearing online is futile. Now that they are no longer producing January papers, I would have thought that they could produce separate mock papers for schools to use. Nevertheless, I have to respect their wishes, so I will no longer upload solutions to this or any other website.

I would like to add that I have spent a lot of time and energy uploading solutions and responding to questions over the years, this was never done with self-aggrandisement in mind; I was just trying to help. I also found some of the discussions regarding the papers interesting and useful.

Furthermore, I was previously told by some people who run or ran this website that they had contacted Edexcel, who had no problem with past papers and solutions being uploaded to this website. Clearly that is not or no longer the case. So I would ask that others do not post papers or solutions to papers.

Finally, I would like to wish Edexcel good luck in preventing papers and solutions appearing, I just hope they have a very long whack-a-mole stick.

Good luck with your exams.

It has been a blast.

:wavey:

You were amazing Arsey, thanks for all the help so far!

Edexcel probably wants people to be more uncertain with their grades so they order more Scripts and possibly more remarks. Because having the MS on the same day means people know what they will get, so very few actually order the script of maths modules.
Other than this the excuse they said is not good enough :biggrin:

Hopefully they will change their mind soon.
Original post by Arsey
Edexcel have made it very clear that they do not wish for their papers, or solutions to their papers to be made available online.

The reason they give is that they would like schools to have the opportunity to use these papers for mocks etc. There is also a copyright issue.

My personal belief is that in the modern age that trying to prevent papers and solutions appearing online is futile. Now that they are no longer producing January papers, I would have thought that they could produce separate mock papers for schools to use. Nevertheless, I have to respect their wishes, so I will no longer upload solutions to this or any other website.

I would like to add that I have spent a lot of time and energy uploading solutions and responding to questions over the years, this was never done with self-aggrandisement in mind; I was just trying to help. I also found some of the discussions regarding the papers interesting and useful.

Furthermore, I was previously told by some people who run or ran this website that they had contacted Edexcel, who had no problem with past papers and solutions being uploaded to this website. Clearly that is not or no longer the case. So I would ask that others do not post papers or solutions to papers.

Finally, I would like to wish Edexcel good luck in preventing papers and solutions appearing, I just hope they have a very long whack-a-mole stick.

It has been a blast.

are you arsey from futhead mock the week
Arsey, I'd like to say what a great pleasure it was of you and what fabulous work you did. That petition should overrule it and make you think again.

Please do it in favour of the people you help, not the exam board that you write solutions for.
Original post by Arsey

It has been a blast.

Arsey can you kindly just upload the paper without the solutions that way you are not going against what Edexcel have said
Reply 90
Don't listen to the haters arsey, f**k edexcel, just post the answers.

They know your name not your story.
Reply 91
That's retarded though. What's the difference between you posting solutions and us posting solutions. Are we basically not allowed to discuss answers online? If so then that's ridiculous.
(edited 7 years ago)
Sigh......... Was looking so forward to counting my marks after sitting the Edexcel C2 exam today...

What a shame..
Why not just put the answers up for 7 days then you take it off like you have for C1 FP1?
I assume kids doing the papers next year aren't waiting for arsey solutions the year before so that saves tbem for mocks and all people look at answers right after the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why not just put up the answers, rather than the solutions, as Mr M does for the OCR papers?
this cant be legal once they release it it is no longer their right to say you cant answer it and put it anywhere. I need the Edexcel C2 model answers from today's test i want to see how i have done it is helpful as it means i know what to expect
(edited 7 years ago)
@Arsey I can't image exam season without you.

You have helped thousands of students, lets me honest, you've been a total legend.
@Arsey I can't image exam season without you.

You have helped thousands of students, lets me honest, you've been a total legend.
I hate Edexcel:angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending