The Student Room Group

C2 Maths AS aqa 2016 (unofficial mark scheme new)

Scroll to see replies

5+3costheta I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
5+3costheta I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

i got to that bit but didnt know what to do next, how much marks would i get?
I did stretch in the X direction by SF -1 for the (0.2)^x question as I didn't think reflections were in the core 2 syllabus, will they allow both answers? As surely they're both correct
idk idr the full marks but seeing as it was about two steps to get to that probly 2 marks the third part was subbing in pi into theta I thonk as pi is the lowest value in a vos graph

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fully agree with the markscheme except for two minor points.

The radius of the sector was 5.829 but still leads to the answer for the perimeter of 13.8cm.

The logs question, y should be 1/2(m-12n) not 1/2(m+12n) as currently stated.
[QUOTE="CirclesAreRound;65173433"]
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz

Good lord no. I only retook C2 and my scores C1 and M1 from 2015 are staying as they are. My new C2 score will replace my 2015 paper score giving me a new total overall mark for C2.

Three cheers for resits*

*Resits are for naughty buggers who don't try hard enough/do enough work the first time (Ahem me last year when I decided to do no past papers for C2. Worked well didn't it. Ha. Ha.)

I'm just thinking c3 and c4 gonna hard as fuak. Even though it's usually pretty easy. :c
Original post by Olsmarto
I did stretch in the X direction by SF -1 for the (0.2)^x question as I didn't think reflections were in the core 2 syllabus, will they allow both answers? As surely they're both correct

Wouldn't a stretch in the x direction sf -1 give the same answer? It would go from 5^-x to 5^(-x/-1) so maybe it's correct? I'm not sure.
Original post by Richie51
Fully agree with the markscheme except for two minor points.The radius of the sector was 5.829 but still leads to the answer for the perimeter of 13.8cm.The logs question, y should be 1/2(m-12n) not 1/2(m+12n) as currently stated.

[The radius of the sector was 0.586 (It was a prove question)] -- Nope I'm just ever so slightly illiterate

I agree with you that y= m/2 - 6n
(edited 7 years ago)
[QUOTE="Parhomus;65188951"]
Original post by CirclesAreRound

I'm just thinking c3 and c4 gonna hard as fuak. Even though it's usually pretty easy. :c

I believe they will be more challenging papers than 2015 but still not horrific; preparation (not just confidence) is the way forward. I'm slightly concerned with C4 as I usually need the full 90 minutes allocated meaning I can't check my previous work and correct erroneous answers but I'll get there.

Use your half-term wisely!
[QUOTE="CirclesAreRound;65189887"]
Original post by Parhomus

I believe they will be more challenging papers than 2015 but still not horrific; preparation (not just confidence) is the way forward. I'm slightly concerned with C4 as I usually need the full 90 minutes allocated meaning I can't check my previous work and correct erroneous answers but I'll get there.

Use your half-term wisely!

Just hate that they are two days apart :redface:. I can usually finish early; but I'm assuming it will be similar difficulty which is probably unlikely.
The radius of the sector was 0.586 (It was a prove question)

I agree with you that y= m/2 - 6n

Angle of the sector was 0.586*. :wink:
[QUOTE="Parhomus;65189919"]

Just hate that they are two days apart :redface:. I can usually finish early; but I'm assuming it will be similar difficulty which is probably unlikely.

Ah I have my 2 hour English Literature exam in the morning before C4 so I'll be pooped out. If it makes you feel better just think of crippled hand at the end of 17th of June :flybye:

Well here's hoping it isn't brutal!
Original post by Parhomus
Angle of the sector was 0.586*. :wink:

Ah my apologies misread your post!
Original post by beanigger
Unoffical Mark scheme for C2 AQA 2016

It would help if you could correct the amount of marks in each question if it is wrong please :biggrin:

Questions:

1)a) integrate something to get -36x-1 + ax2 /2 [3]
b) find the value of a when the answer to 1)a) is equal to 16 with limits of 3 to 1, a = - 2 [2]

2)a) Draw the graph of (0.2)x and state where it crosses axis (0,1) [2]
b) use logarithms to solve (0.2)x = 4 , x = -0.861 [2]
c) describe transformation of (0.2)x onto (5)x reflection in y axis [1]

3)a) differentiate something to get 3x-1/2 -1 [2]
b) find y co-ordinate of the maximum point M M(9,6) [3]
c) equation of normal to curve at P i think P was (5,6) y=-2x+13 [2]
d) the normal to curve at P is translated by (0,k) find value of k, k = 5.5 [3]

4)a) show that a+10d=8 [2]
b)sum to 2nd and 3rd term is 50, work out the 12th term of the series D=-2 and A=28, u12 = 6 [3]
c) work out the sum of the 21st term minus sum of 3rd term = 90 [3]

5)a) show that thetha (in radians) was 0.568 [2]
b) work out area of triangle 19.9 [2]
c) work out perimeter of shaded area, first piece of info given -> area of sector = area of shaded area

you had to realise that the area of sector = area of triangle - area of sector
re-arrange to get 2(area of sector) = 19.9 and solve for r to get 5.36?
perimeter of shaded = (9-r) + (8-r) + 5 + (length of arc = r*theta)
perimeter of shaded = 13.8 [6]

6)a)trapezium rule to get 65.6 [4]
b) describe transformation of graph y=(x2 +9)1/2 onto y = 5 + (x2 +9)1/2
Translation by (0, 5) [2]
c) describe transformation of graph y=(x2 +9)1/2 onto y=3(x2 +1)1/2 Stretch by scale factor 1/3 in x direction [2]

7)a) expand (2+x)5 work out p q r, i think p was 10 q was -80 and r was 80 (correct me if im wrong) [4]
b)find the coefficient of x10 in the expansion of (2+x)5 * (something else)7
it was something like -1648 [5]

8)a)find the value of tan(x) tan(x) = -5/4 [2]
b) values of tanx in the range of 0 to 360 degrees 45, 129, 225, 309 [3]
b) re-arrange 16+9sin2x / 3 - 5cosx into the form p + qcosx and find the min value = 2, this is when x is equal to pi [4]

9)re-arrange something into the form (c)1/2 / d^2 to get 3y y = 1/2 ( m + 12n) [4]
b) find the one and only solution of something, x = 5/2 ( you should get two equal roots i think) [4]

I believe that question 5a) said to expand the binomial equation and show it in its simplest form which cant you divide the expansion in your answer by 8 to show it in its simplest form.
Reply 274
finally something has been posted about c2 2016
What would I need to get in my Decisions exam (D1) to achieve an overall grade of a B? Providing I got 54/75 on C1 and 52/75 on C2. Thankss
Original post by Alexgood123
I believe that question 5a) said to expand the binomial equation and show it in its simplest form which cant you divide the expansion in your answer by 8 to show it in its simplest form.

By simplest form it means multiply everything together in this type of question, for example 10x instead of 5 * 2x, because of you divide through by 8, it will mean that if you substitute a value of x into the original and the expanded, then the expanded value will by too small by a factor of 8
UPDATED THE MARK SCHEME SORRY FOR THE MISTAKES
i know the marks dont add up to 75 but i cant recall all the correct marks for each question
if there is anything else wrong please let me know
thanks
Original post by osshhas
What would I need to get in my Decisions exam (D1) to achieve an overall grade of a B? Providing I got 54/75 on C1 and 52/75 on C2. Thankss

I think you defo have two C's on C1 and C2. You may of got a B on one of the two papers, but say you got minumum of C's that would be 120 ums, so you' d need 90 ums to get a B, but you may of got high C's or even a B so it could change. I'd say if you got two low C's you'd need 90 ums for a B
Reply 279
For question 7 it was (1-2x)^5 not (1+2x)^5

Also, I didn't read the question properly for the last part of question 5 and found the perimeter of the wrong bit (don't ask, haha)... I still used the equation (19.9/2=1/2theta*r^2) and worked out the radius and arc length and got r~5.8ish and arc length~3.3/4ish. So how many marks do you think I'd get out of 6?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending