The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Non calculator unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RevisionGuide
How did everyone find the paper overall??

I though it was super easy! But i dont wanna be over confident because i might of got a bad grade lol
Original post by Ollie1999
For the linear specification marked out of 70

14. 1/6 cm
16. X<7/9
17b 9.6

Not sure on 14, 16 and 17b but I think I got roughy 64

For 14, if that was the triangle with the sin45 value, I got 8cm
For 16 I got the same
And for 17b, I drew the line y=10 and then worked out that it would be -2.2 or 2.2? :smile:
I think Q. 14 was 6cm? I'm probably wrong but that's what me and my class got
Reply 63
Anyone got a photocopy of the exam, to compare these to?
Original post by isaacbamford
Boss the calc paper, think about it its only half time :wink:

good plan, but if that goes wrong, only low grade boundaries can save the drunk teens
Original post by studentshavefun
same I found it hard even though I usually get B's or A's

i feel like it was okay, until surds came in and then i just lost it ha
Reply 66
Can you find the actual past paper
Reply 67
What was question 12?
Original post by surina16
For 14, if that was the triangle with the sin45 value, I got 8cm
For 16 I got the same
And for 17b, I drew the line y=10 and then worked out that it would be -2.2 or 2.2? :smile:

Hey Surina, for some questions but I can't remember what but I got some weird decimals as my answer. Maybe because I converted the fractions into decimals.:frown: I am normally an A* student in Maths but I found the paper quite difficult in comparison to the other papers that I have done!:s-smilie: Now I am really scared if I will get the A* or not as I have already got an A in november so there is no point in getting the same grade again.:frown: What marks do you think you've got?:smile:
Any idea of the foundation paper
What about the modular foundation mark scheme?
Original post by Talkand...Talk
I though it was super easy! But i dont wanna be over confident because i might of got a bad grade lol

What:eek: I found it quite hard in comparison to the 2015 paper and I am normally an A* student! Did you get weird decimals for some answers cos I did and I am worried because the unofficial mark scheme doesn't say it?:smile:
Original post by Ollie1999
For the linear specification marked out of 70

1. £256.50
2. 750cm^3
3. 16cm
4a. 0.4 and 0.2
b. 200 150 100
c 0.125
5. 10cm
6a as average temperature goes up soup sales down
b 500
7. 4.5
8a 4 ( I got 2 )
b 1,2,3,4
9a w^2
b 12x^4y^5
c 6a^2b^4
10a 1.8 X 10^4
b 5 X 10^3
11. Enlarge 1/3 around (10,10) (I got -3)
12a 35
b 25
c A+D & B+C = 180
13a 12x^2+16x-3
b X=0.75 or -1
14. 8 cm
15 x= 5/y-3
16. X<7/9
17 a -2.7 or 2.7
b 2.2
18 9 - 4 root 3
19a y=1/X
b (0,1)
20. Substitute X as 2 and PI as 3 and both volumes are the same but PI is bigger 3.14 so the sphere volume would be bigger.

Not sure on 14, 16 and 17b but I think I got roughy 64

I didn't know you had to substitute values for the sphere question.:frown: I worked it out using algebra and I got one answer which was 4x^3 and 4 with decimals but can't remember what! Did anyone get the same as me?:smile:
What was question 4b?
Original post by AcornHead
What was question 4b?

is the answers above for higher tier
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by starstudent7
What:eek: I found it quite hard in comparison to the 2015 paper and I am normally an A* student! Did you get weird decimals for some answers cos I did and I am worried because the unofficial mark scheme doesn't say it?:smile:

Mine maybe wrong
I didn't know you had to substitute values for the sphere question.:frown: I worked it out using algebra and I got one answer which was 4x^3 and 4 with decimals but can't remember what! Did anyone get the same as me?:smile:

Both work. They probably wanted it done algebraically with inequalities but alas I just substituted the values in
Reply 76
Original post by AcornHead
What was question 4b?

4b was filling in a table of probability for a dice

Hi for the sphere i got the volume as 4.03 and the cuboid as 4, so the sphere had the larger volume (??)
Hi for the sphere i got the volume as 4.03 and the cuboid as 4, so the sphere had the larger volume (??)

I used the sphere volume formula = 4/3. pie. radius squared which = 4.03
Then for the cuboid 2x.2x.x=4 ??????

Dont worry im sure u did great if you found the paper quite easy. I feel some of the questions kind of tricked you a bit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending