The Student Room Group

GCSE History B 2016 (OCR)

Scroll to see replies

I'm paper 1: aspects of international relations: Germany and A new world
paper 2: british depth study

I woukd really recommend be walsh books,
Reply 21
Original post by salty670
what questions do you struggle on ? the 4,6,10 ones or the source interpretations ?

What are the normal grade boundaries for paper 1, my teacher always tells me its 90% for an A*, but i feel thats considerable high compared to all my other subjects?
Reply 22
Can anyone send me a link to all the past grade boundaries to the OCR b history papers please.
the garage boundaries average around 60 out of 81, so around 75%
Reply 24
the garage boundaries average around 60 out of 81, so around 75%

Is that for an A* ?? & if so what would be an A thank you averagely?
i think its around 50 for an A but varies , last year an A grade was around the high thirties
I'm doing paper 1: aspcts of international relations: Germany and a new world
paper 2: british depth study 1939-75

I'm an A* student, I find that many people struggle with the 10 markers but you literally have to write three paragrapghs:
1. for
2. against (depending on the question, 1o markers usually ask your opinion of astatement or the significance of an event)
3. conclusion, (summaray of what your arhument would be after judging the argumebts fro and against, make sure you don't add any extra points to what you've previouslty mentioned)
Very confident my first mock i got 80/81 second mock 75/81 im hoping for an A* in real thing. I do cuba,vietnam cold war etc good luk everyone
I'm doing Cold War, and Germany and for paper 2 BDS

Any predictions on topics?
I do
Paper 1: International relations- the inter war years and Mao's China depth study (Mao's China is so hard
)
Paper 2: British Depth study 1890-1918
Original post by J__
Im in the same position as you, i always get B's in the exam. Im fine with the first part - all of the international relations but i can't seem to grasp the American topic, like the civil rights. I just think there is a lot more in that part.

Argh!! I don't even know where I'm going wrong, sometimes my teacher says I don't use enough contextual knowledge, other times the structure isn't right, I'm just a bit confused as to what a model answer looks like and how much I should be writing because I feel like I write a lot but just don't write the correct things because I don't get as many marks as I expect to. I don't have an issue with understanding sources or questions and I answer them to the best of my ability but I can't figure out where I'm going wrong
hi, does anyone know where to find the paper 2 for british depth study 1890-1918 from last year????
any help would be very much appreciated, thanx
Original post by d.aniel
Hey, I'm also doing Cold War, Vietnam and Cuban missile crisis and Nazi Germany for paper one does anybody have any predictions on what will come up as the compulsory source question- my teacher thinks Vietnam but I really hope it isn't because it's the one topic I haven't clicked with and id like to avoid it if I could.

I don't like Vietnam either, really dont like it but I managed to find this pattern in the past papers and so I hope this helps mate.

2010 - Early Cold War Cartoon
2011 - Vietnam Cartoon
2012 - Cuban Missile Crisis Cartoon

2013 - Early Cold War Cartoon
2014 - Vietnam Cartoon
2015 - Cuban Missile Crisis Cartoon

2016 - Early Cold War Cartoon?
I am almost certain that this years compulsory source question will be on: The Early Cold War
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by snickersbar
hi, does anyone know where to find the paper 2 for british depth study 1890-1918 from last year????
any help would be very much appreciated, thanx

I managed to find it here, hope this helps mate:

http://www.spaldinghigh.lincs.sch.uk/media/2015%20OCR%20paper%202%20GCSE.pdf
Original post by benno123

thanx so much that's really helpful. would you by any chance have the international relations Germany depth study paper from last year? it would really help, but don't worry if you don't :smile:
My teacher always says it's 85% for an A* (history paper 1) however on OCR it always seems a lot less - does anyone have any idea on the grade boundaries for history 1?
its usually 60
its usually 60

60% or 60/81?
Original post by jessdstromberg
60% or 60/81?

yeah, about 60/81 :smile:
but last year it was 47

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending