The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adam 354
So i was in the library and i took my shoes off and my foot was hurting so i took my socks off, and studied barefoot. It made me focus alot more so when i get into the library i usually take my shoes and socks off. Some boys and girls do the same thing, But is it ok and would you do it.

No.
Reply 21
Original post by Thutmose-III
It's because of crap like this that we have graduates who are completely incapable of getting a job.

Blaming the unemployment problem on being barefoot in the library. I've seen it all.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
No it's not, if it's OK for you to do it it's ok for some guy with a smelly fungal infection to do it... it gets out of hand fairly quickly. Best to get in the habit of wearing shoes and socks while working, it's not like you'll be able to go barefoot in the real world after University, employers will have you out the door.

Better yet, why ask us, ask the librarian at your Uni, I think you know it's not OK.

This, this, this. 100%
Original post by Zacken
Blaming the unemployment problem on being barefoot in the library. I've seen it all.

I'm not blaming the unemployment problem on being barefoot in the library.

I'm pointing out that the childish mindset exhibited here is indicative (or perhaps I could better express it as a symptom) of the underlying reason that there are graduates who can't get a job. They expect the entire world to be moulded to their whim.

I'd further wager that many of the boys expecting this come from a family where their mother treats them as a little god and they've never had to lift a finger of responsibility. I know a family where the son is a graduate aged 32 and he still lives at home. He has a job (though has lost a couple due to his attitude) but insists, "Why would I live in my own place when I can live at home and my Mum will do all my cooking, washing and cleaning and I don't have to pay any rent?".

He lives in a city with fairly cheap housing. It's an overgrown man-child mindset, and he's probably the sort of person who would insist that he should be allowed to fling off his shows and socks and lounge around the library, "because it feels more comfortable and it makes me feel like I'm at home"
I think its ok yeah. I myself have taken my shoes and socks off in the library and im a guy. Well i just found it alot more comfatable and who are you hurting
Original post by HanSoloLuck
No it's not, if it's OK for you to do it it's ok for some guy with a smelly fungal infection to do it... it gets out of hand fairly quickly. Best to get in the habit of wearing shoes and socks while working, it's not like you'll be able to go barefoot in the real world after University, employers will have you out the door.

Better yet, why ask us, ask the librarian at your Uni, I think you know it's not OK.

Some jobs dont allow you to wear shoes or socks. Like some IT jobs.
Reply 26
Original post by Betelgeuse-
No its not ok. It is perfectly ok for attractive females tho :sexface::sly:

Sexist
Original post by Thutmose-III
I'm not blaming the unemployment problem on being barefoot in the library.

I'd further wager that many of the boys expecting this come from a family where their mother treats them as a little god and they've never had to lift a finger of responsibility.

In fairness i'd say its kinda untrue , i mean if they are revising for exams then it helps focus. Besides some Colleges make you take your shoes and socks off for exams to ensure you are not hiding anything in them.
Original post by SimonLobster
I think its ok yeah. I myself have taken my shoes and socks off in the library and im a guy. Well i just found it alot more comfatable and who are you hurting

that's actually ****ing gross

Latest

Trending

Trending