The Student Room Group

The Milo Yiannoppulos anti-cultural Marxism phenomenon

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80

I don't personally like the guy, but tbf to him, it's pretty clear from these links that he's trolling and taking the piss, like last week I watched a video where he claimed lesbians don't exist (which is ironic coming from someone who is gay himself).

Just like Katie Hopkins, I think it's about seeing how far he can push it, an attack on political correctness and pissing off feminists (see 'Triggly Puff') and SJWs who don't realise he's just baiting them and can be very easy to upset. It may also be him seeing how far his devoted followers are willing to agree with him, I might be wrong, but I do get the sense some of his followers are so misogynistic they actually believe everything he says and take it seriously, which is a bit alarming in itself. But yeah, best not to take him seriously, he wants people to get upset.
Original post by StrawbAri
Yes I do.

No you have not.
Or could you point to the post where you explained because I can't find it.

Go enjoy your day.
Original post by Listers
Islam was derived from Christianity.

I guess that's why Muslims believe that Jesus Christ was nothing more than a prophet. While Christians believe that he's God in the flesh. Because Islam was gotten from the beliefs of Christians.

I've seen it all today.

Christianity was derived from Judaism, yet the Jews don't accept Jesus and many Christian beliefs. Changing certain parts of a religion does not change the original source material, but I wouldn't expect a delusional Christian fanatic to understand that.
Original post by Listers
These are blatant lies. The Catholic church intentionally removed the law about graven images because when the church was being established in the 4th century, the already pagan romans wanted to have a mixture of their pagan beliefs along with Christianity when the religion was made legal in many parts of Europe.

There are more than 10 commandments. Read the verses in Exodus and see for yourself. Some verses will have to be condensed. The Jews and the Catholics condensed the same verse here. Unless you want to accuse the Jews of idolatry?

Giving your own definition of what Idolatry is and ignoring what is in the King James Bible is flawed and deceptive.

So you use the King James Bible? I think that says a lot about you. You do realise that is possibly one of the most unreliable Bibles that we have?
Reply 84
Original post by WBZ144
You two are like a father denying his "illegitimate" child, but the fact is that you have no excuses for the sexism and intolerance in Christianity.

Show us where in the Bible, where JESUS CHRIST not Paul or some other prophet. Jesus himself, the man I follow and pray to showed sexism or intolerance.

I'm waiting.
Original post by Olie
I don't personally like the guy, but tbf to him, it's pretty clear from these links that he's trolling and taking the piss, like last week I watched a video where he claimed lesbians don't exist (which is ironic coming from someone who is gay himself).

Just like Katie Hopkins, I think it's about seeing how far he can push it, an attack on political correctness and pissing off feminists (see 'Triggly Puff') and SJWs who don't realise he's just baiting them and can be very easy to upset. It may also be him seeing how far his devoted followers are willing to agree with him, I might be wrong, but I do get the sense some of his followers are so misogynistic they actually believe everything he says and take it seriously, which is a bit alarming in itself. But yeah, best not to take him seriously, he wants people to get upset.

True, I did acknowledge that he is a troll so don't really have an opinion of Yiannopoulos as a person. What baffles me are his supporters who think that everything he says is gold.
Reply 86
Original post by WBZ144
Christianity was derived from Judaism, yet the Jews don't accept Jesus and many Christian beliefs. Changing certain parts of a religion does not change the original source material, but I wouldn't expect a delusional Christian fanatic to understand that.

Christianity wasn't derived from Judaism.

Where the hell are you getting all this from?

Christianity is the belief in Jesus Christ. Jesus telling us to follow the ten commandments etc, does not mean that Christianity was derived from Judaism. Christianity was created when Jesus Christ Died.
Reply 87
Original post by The Epicurean
There are more than 10 commandments. Read the verses in Exodus and see for yourself. Some verses will have to be condensed. The Jews and the Catholics condensed the same verse here. Unless you want to accuse the Jews of idolatry?

So you use the King James Bible? I think that says a lot about you. You do realise that is possibly one of the most unreliable Bibles that we have?

The KJV is actually not an Alexandrian translation it was a translation of other Bibles collected during the persecution of Christians in the early days of the religion so how is it unreliable?
Original post by Listers
Show us where in the Bible, where JESUS CHRIST not Paul or some other prophet. Jesus himself, the man I follow and pray to showed sexism or intolerance.

I'm waiting.

Do you reject Paul and the others then? Do you reject your God who allowed slavery and ordered brutal punishments such as stoning for certain "crimes"? Make up your mind.

Do you cut out the Jesus quotes from the Bible which preach what you like then reject the rest of it? :lol:
A lot of it so alien I can't comment, but I do find it's really weird that people just blanket dismiss flirting or a man looking at an attractive woman as creepy, or worse 'rapey'. I know there's individual cases where there is harassment or it's unwelcome, but any time someone writes about flirting or being attracted, for example on here, they get that reaction. And some women genuinely seem to think that any guy noticing them as attractive and sexual is wrong. On the other hand, I think there may be occasions where they are pleased, but they just want to seem above that, not to mention have solidarity with the 'feminist' cause, strong inverted commas there because I believe in the original one.
Original post by Listers

Christianity is the belief in Jesus Christ. Jesus telling us to follow the ten commandments etc, does not mean that Christianity was derived from Judaism. Christianity was created when Jesus Christ Died.

Jesus was a Jew (that's if he even existed). All of the other Christian prophets originally came from Jewish scripture.
Reply 91
Original post by WBZ144
Do you reject Paul and the others then? Do you reject your God who allowed slavery and ordered brutal punishments such as stoning for certain "crimes"? Make up your mind.

Do you cut out the Jesus quotes from the Bible which preach what you like then reject the rest of it? :lol:

I didn't reject Paul, I unlike you have actually researched the meaning behind what he wrote about women AT THE TIME. When a lot of illeterates women from other tribes in Israel where purposely coming to gatherings only to disrupt the meeting by screaming and making loud noises.

I also didn't reject what God said to the Jews 4,000 years ago about stoning and slavery which was not only for a specific period of time but abolished by Jesus Christ himself establishing a new covenant with the world by his existence doing away with older laws, as written in Hebrews 8 : 1 -12

You would know all this if you actually read the Bible instead of reading memes on Facebook or whatever it is you do.
Reply 92
Original post by WBZ144
Jesus was a Jew (that's if he even existed). All of the other Christian prophets originally came from Jewish scripture.

So what?

That means nothing. Timothy was Greek, i guess Christianity was also derived from Greek scripture according to you by your logic.
Original post by Listers
The KJV is actually not an Alexandrian translation it was a translation of other Bibles collected during the persecution of Christians in the early days of the religion so how is it unreliable?

We have now at our disposal many more earlier NT manuscripts than the writers of the King James V bible did. The number of early Greek NT manuscripts we have now is about 5,700, where the authors of the King James V bible had merely half a dozen or so. From those half dozen or so, these manuscripts only dated to the earliest of about the 10th century. However, we now have our earliest manuscripts dating to within 30 years of when the original was published. P52 for example contains a fragment of Johns gospel and dates to around 125AD, and the Gospel of John is generally considered by scholars to have been written somewhere around 90AD to 100AD. Our major manuscripts though, which we have acquired much of our knowledge from, date to forth and fifth century, for example Codex Sinaiticus and Codex Vaticanus. The writers of the King James V Bible did not have codex Sinaiticus or Codex Vaticanus at their disposal.

The King James V Bible also breaks the Granville Sharp rule at Titus 2:13. Considering you are a Lutheran, and thus believe in the Trinity, it might actually be wise for you to learn why the King James V Bible is unreliable. Titus 2:13 is one of the strongest verses in support of the Trinity doctrine, but you wouldn't know that if you are reading the King James V Bible. You can find in the link below my debate with a Jehovah Witness on Titus 2:13 and also the King James V Bible and its unreliability:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2949427&page=3&p=53539755#post53539755
Reply 94
Original post by The Epicurean
We have now at our disposal many more earlier NT manuscripts than the writers of the King James V bible did. The number of early Greek NT manuscripts we have now is about 5,700, where the authors of the King James V bible had merely half a dozen or so. From those half dozen or so, these manuscripts only dated to the earliest of about the 10th century. However, we now have our earliest manuscripts dating to within 30 years of when the original was published. P52 for example contains a fragment of Johns gospel and dates to around 125AD, and the Gospel of John is generally considered by scholars to have been written somewhere around 90AD to 100AD. Our major manuscripts though, which we have acquired much of our knowledge from, date to forth and fifth century, for example Codex Sinaiticus and Codex Vaticanus. The writers of the King James V Bible did not have codex Sinaiticus or Codex Vaticanus at their disposal.

The King James V Bible also breaks the Granville Sharp rule at Titus 2:13. Considering you are a Lutheran, and thus believe in the Trinity, it might actually be wise for you to learn why the King James V Bible is unreliable. Titus 2:13 is one of the strongest verses in support of the Trinity doctrine, but you wouldn't know that if you are reading the King James V Bible. You can find in the link below my debate with a Jehovah Witness on Titus 2:13 and also the King James V Bible and its unreliability:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2949427&page=3&p=53539755#post53539755

The KJV Bible was gotten from over 5,000 scrolls the Textus Receptus that survived the persecution that were precise word for word apart from spelling.

Here's a brief history of the KJV Bible on this website and I'll post an excerpt.

http://www.1611kingjamesbible.com/textus_receptus.html/

"The Traditional text of the New Testament has existed from the time of Christ right down to the present. It has had many different names down through the years, such as Byzantine Text, Eastern Text, Received Text, Textus Receptus, Majority Text, and others. Although no complete Bible manuscripts have survived which would allow us to date the Traditional text to the first century, there is a strong witness to the early existence and use of the Traditional text by the early church in its lectionaries."
Reply 95
I don't like Trump, but it's a sad state of affairs when he's arguably the best candidate for president. Part of me wants him to win to fight back against the PC, "I'm offended by everything" brigade.

It's great how Milo exposes the untruths spread by mainstream feminism (wage gap due to discrimination etc.), although admittedly he does go too far in the name of entertainment. I think it's disgusting how people try and block his events and even call bomb threats... It just serves to further prove his point that they are intolerant and incapable of proper, reasoned debate.
Original post by Listers
The KJV Bible was gotten from over 5,000 scrolls the Textus Receptus that survived the persecution that were precise word for word apart from spelling.

Here's a brief history of the KJV Bible on this website and I'll post an excerpt.

http://www.1611kingjamesbible.com/textus_receptus.html/

"The Traditional text of the New Testament has existed from the time of Christ right down to the present. It has had many different names down through the years, such as Byzantine Text, Eastern Text, Received Text, Textus Receptus, Majority Text, and others. Although no complete Bible manuscripts have survived which would allow us to date the Traditional text to the first century, there is a strong witness to the early existence and use of the Traditional text by the early church in its lectionaries."

I shall be quoting from Bruce Metzgers book "The Text of the New Testament". This is the first edition and is from pages 99 and 100. Here is what Bruce writes about the Textus Receptus created by Erasmus in the 16th century:

Since Erasmus could not find a manuscript which contained the entire Greek Testament, he utilized several for various parts of the New Testament. For most of the text he relied on two rather inferior manuscripts in the university library at Basle, one of the Gospels and one of the Acts and Epistles, both dating from about the twelfth century. Erasmus compared them with two or three others of the same books and entered occasional corrections.... For the Book of Revelations he had but one manuscript, dating from the twelfth century, which he had borrowed from his friend Reuchin. Unfortunately, this manuscript lacked the final leaf, which contained the last six verses of the book. For these verses as well as numerous passages throughout the book... Erasmus depended upon the Latin Vulgate, translating this text into Greek. As would be expected from such a procedure, here and there Erasmus' self-made Greek text are readings which have never been found in any known Greek manuscripts - but which are still perpetuated today in printings of the so-called Textus Receptus of the Greek New Testament

So literally, many verses in the Textus Receptus were literally created by Erasmus in the 16th century. How can you argue that Greek texts invented by Erasmus in the 16th century are more reliable than the Greek manuscripts we now use, with some dating to within 30 years of the originals?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Listers

Original post by Listers
So what?

That means nothing.

So the origin of Jesus is not important? OK then. :cool:
BTW why do you think Christianity is called an Abrahamic religion?
Reply 98
I'm so glad this weird Milo worship exists only on the internet and not in real life
I strongly dislike his style and most of his views on most issues. That's probably because, as he himself says, he's a provocateur. He's basically a successful troll. But he's jingoistic and ill informed, he LOVES prejudice and stereotype and that's why right-wingers love him. He satirises and express prejudices even about himself. Which is a good thing in my book but doesn't detract from the fact that he's clownish about matters which affect the lives of millions of people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending