The Student Room Group

What was more important to hitler the reichstag fire or the enabling act

so I'm doing the OCR controlled assessment and my argument is that the reichstag fire was more important to hitler but I have been trying to come up with reasons on why it was more important and have come up with NOTHING and am kind of freaking out help...
Reply 1
Essentially it allowed Hitler to ban the Communists so that they were no longer a big threat to the Nazis. (As Hitler blamed the Communist Van Der Lubbe)
Hope this helps slightly.. :smile:

Original post by Daliana.r
so I'm doing the OCR controlled assessment and my argument is that the reichstag fire was more important to hitler but I have been trying to come up with reasons on why it was more important and have come up with NOTHING and am kind of freaking out help...

I think he just used the Reichstag fire to get the enabling act to be passed. It helped him ban the communist party when the vote for the enabling act was passed. The enabling act gave him the power to do whatever he wanted. I think the Reichstag fire was just very conveniently timed and he was able to use it as a scapegoat against the communists as a Dutch communist was found on site and he admitted to starting the fire.

I can't think of any arguments to the side you want to argue. What is the full question and how many marks is it? How much do you need to write roughly?
Reply 3
Original post by Gingy2
Essentially it allowed Hitler to ban the Communists so that they were no longer a big threat to the Nazis. (As Hitler blamed the Communist Van Der Lubbe)
Hope this helps slightly.. :smile:

thank you!!
Reply 4
so the question is 50 marks !!!! and i have to write 2 thousand words really really big
Reply 5
basically I don't know where to start or have any ideas on what to write
basically I don't know where to start or have any ideas on what to write

I would :-
Think of points for and against.
Wtrite a one or 2 line introduction
Then write a paragraph for each
Do the side you think first then the other side saying other people might say/think that
then say why you think what the others say is wrong
then write a conclusion summing everything up
Reply 7
thanks :smile: im just trying to get ideas for and agaist I know facts about it but yeah

Quick Reply

Latest