The Student Room Group

GCSE History B 2016 (OCR)

Scroll to see replies

Hi I'm doing aspects of international relations and Germany : Germany and Cold War for paper 1 on Monday, does anyone have any predictions for questions for Germany and Cold War?

Also I'm doing British society for paper 2 does anyone have a predictions for that too?
Original post by olivia224
Hi I'm doing aspects of international relations and Germany : Germany and Cold War for paper 1 on Monday, does anyone have any predictions for questions for Germany and Cold War?

Also I'm doing British society for paper 2 does anyone have a predictions for that too?

My teacher predicted - causes of cold war source and weimar germany source

and for paper 2 - women!
Reply 42
Does anyone have any links to last years paper 1? on cold war, Cuba ,Vietnam etc :smile: Also does anyone have any tips/structure for the 16 marker question at the end of the paper (or just all the questions in general - literally have no idea what im doing...)? Good luck to everyone on monday!
Reply 43
Original post by benno123
I don't like Vietnam either, really dont like it but I managed to find this pattern in the past papers and so I hope this helps mate.

2010 - Early Cold War Cartoon
2011 - Vietnam Cartoon
2012 - Cuban Missile Crisis Cartoon

2013 - Early Cold War Cartoon
2014 - Vietnam Cartoon
2015 - Cuban Missile Crisis Cartoon

2016 - Early Cold War Cartoon?
I am almost certain that this years compulsory source question will be on: The Early Cold War

Thank you so much,that's so helpful. I literally never noticed there was a pattern I thought it was just random.
Original post by batt_mellamy
Hi!
I couldn't find a thread for specific History modules so I thought I'd start one!
Idk what the purpose of this thread should be but I guess a good way to go is by asking for help and helping others.

To make things easier, 'introduce' yourself with:
-Paper one topic and code (if known)
-Paper two topic and code (if known)
-Any predictions you have
-Are you confident for the exam?

To start the ball rolling, I'm doing:
Paper 1: Aspects of International Relations (USA with Cold War, AO13)
Paper 2: How British Society Changed (1890-1918, AO21)

I think the compulsory question for the Cold War will be Causes of The Cold War with the choices being Vietnam and Cuba and overall, I feel pretty confident for the exam :smile:

OMG I'm doing the same exam! I'm kind of scared about it though:redface:
Original post by salty670
what questions do you struggle on ? the 4,6,10 ones or the source interpretations ?

Sources are my weakness:redface:
Does anyone know what the questions/topics were in the June 2015 or January 2016 exam?

*Im doing Germany depth study and Cold war as international relations
(edited 7 years ago)
Here are the grade boundaries for last years Aspects of International Relations with Germany:

Out of 81
A*-62
A-54
B-46
C-39
D-34
E-29
F-24
G-19

Here's the link to last years grade boundaries if you're doing a different topic:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/246983-unit-level-raw-mark-and-ums-grade-boundaries-june-2015-now-includes-gcse.pdf
Go to page 36.

I'm doing the Aspects of International Relations with Germany and I'm really nevous. I often get B's in the mock exams and I got an A8 in my coursework. I can do the Cold War and the Cuban Missile Crisis, however I just cannot seem to understand the chronology of the Vietname War. I understand all the tactics and protests, but I just don't understand what actually happened. As for Germany, I can do up until about 1932, and I can do all of Hitler's policies, however I can't understand Hitler's rise to power, with von Papen, the Reichstag Fire and Enabling Act.
Anyone got any tips for revising as I've left it quite late and I am hopefully aiming for a B or an A.
Does anyone have any predictions for the Germany part of the paper? (Sources or the choice questions)

Im feeling confident-ish as I know most of the content its just whether I apply it correctly to the question eek !!

(Side note: I'm doing Germany and the Cold war)
I'm doing the Cold War and Russia for paper 1. British depth study 1939-1970. Anyone else doing Russia??
Original post by Summayah Akhtar
I'm doing paper 1: aspcts of international relations: Germany and a new world
paper 2: british depth study 1939-75

I'm an A* student, I find that many people struggle with the 10 markers but you literally have to write three paragrapghs:
1. for
2. against (depending on the question, 1o markers usually ask your opinion of astatement or the significance of an event)
3. conclusion, (summaray of what your arhument would be after judging the argumebts fro and against, make sure you don't add any extra points to what you've previouslty mentioned)

I found that suprising. At my school they tell us in order to get the 2 marks for the conclusion (eg from 8 to 10 marks) you have to summerise and then add something new evidence wise to support your overall view....
For 10 marks we have to write: "I agree to some extent..." (and then write why you agree - about 2 developed points) and then "On the other hand I disagree because..." (and then write 2 developed points).

Both sides must be balanced !! You cant have loads more for against than your for arguments. Or else the maximum mark you can get is 8.

For the conclusion, my teacher said to think of it as an evaluation. It should be a short paragraph where you state your opinion and explain HOW FAR you agree or disagree and maybe use one of your earlier points to back it up or bring up a new, smaller, point to help justify your point. - Hope this helps, im sure therr are different techniques but I never get less than a 9 so I think it works well !!
Original post by emmak2323
Paper 1: Cold War and WW1
Paper 2: British Depth Study

I'm really not sure what will come up this year, but I heard that they have changed the format of the papers or changed the number of allocated marks for the paper? Does anyone have any idea who could explain it to me please?

I am feeling fairly confident, I got an A* for my coursework piece on the civil rights movement of the USA, so hopefully all will go well. Good luck everyone!

I was told they changed the number of allocated marks on Paper 2 only. The last question used to be 12 marks but they have changed it to 16 now.
Original post by Jazzy_j_
I'm doing the Cold War and Russia for paper 1. British depth study 1939-1970. Anyone else doing Russia??

Im doing the same!
AHHH I really really really wish I was doing Russia - it's so interesting!
Original post by snickersbar
thanx so much that's really helpful. would you by any chance have the international relations Germany depth study paper from last year? it would really help, but don't worry if you don't :smile:

Sorry for late reply but I did find one, hope its the one you were looking for:

http://www.kingcharlesschool.co.uk/index.php/gcse-past-papers/file/History/Paper%201/A011-01%20QP%20Jun15%252Epdf
Reply 56
Hi im doing aspects of internationa relations USA. could anyone be kind and give me a link to some good revision notes, my current ones are trash
hi, does anyone know what the Germany questions were last year? any help would be great, thanx :smile:
Original post by snickersbar
hi, does anyone know what the Germany questions were last year? any help would be great, thanx :smile:

There was a Nazi Germany source and then
Weimar -
Describe the Spartacist rising of Jan 1919
Why did the Kapp Putsch take place in 1920?
'The Weimar Republic never recovered from the events of its early years'

Rise of Hitler-
Describe how the Nazis used the Depression in their political campaigns
Explain why Hitler was appointed Chancellor in Jan 1933
How far was the Munich Putsch a disaster for the Nazis?
Original post by d.aniel
Hey, I'm also doing Cold War, Vietnam and Cuban missile crisis and Nazi Germany for paper one does anybody have any predictions on what will come up as the compulsory source question- my teacher thinks Vietnam but I really hope it isn't because it's the one topic I haven't clicked with and id like to avoid it if I could.

I'm exactly the same as you! Vietnam is the one topic I haven't revised and don't know many dates for (though I know my basic stuff) and am PRAYING that it doesn't come up. It came up as the compulsory source question in 2014 and I just hope they do Cold War 2 years in a row since many people suspect it to be Vietnam so I'm hoping OCR plays on that and gives Cold War instead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending