The Student Room Group

About how much money do students earn?

I am going to study in Plymouth and I want to work during my studies, both for the rent and food... I am searching for the uni accommodation right now and prices of the ones I have chosen varies from £127 to $146 per week, and I am not sure if I will be able to earn this much... for food I think I will spend around £15/week

I don't know if I should take maintenance loan, (or even can take it, as I am a EU student), or choose the cheapest accommodation available, wich I don't like, but is less than £100 a month.

Please, help me ;-;
I don't know if theres restrictions for EU students on working hours but I make about £540 a month minimum =)
Reply 2
oh, ok, thank you :smile: I think the EU citizens must be treated just like UK citizens, so that would be perfect :smile: I have also found out that I can apply for the guarantee maintenance loan, so I can get almost £4,000 extra money for living costs :biggrin: with me working that should be way more than enough
I work 20 hours a week minimum to get that =)
Reply 4
That seems reasonable... Can I ask who are you working as?
Original post by Julia987
That seems reasonable... Can I ask who are you working as?

I'm a sales assistant =)
Reply 6
Nice, thanks :smile: I hope to be sales assistant/waitress
Original post by Julia987
I am going to study in Plymouth and I want to work during my studies, both for the rent and food... I am searching for the uni accommodation right now and prices of the ones I have chosen varies from £127 to $146 per week, and I am not sure if I will be able to earn this much... for food I think I will spend around £15/week

I don't know if I should take maintenance loan, (or even can take it, as I am a EU student), or choose the cheapest accommodation available, wich I don't like, but is less than £100 a month.

Please, help me ;-;

look at starting a little side business focused on something you like
i know one of my friends made a decent trade in buying and selling electronics between the students
Reply 8
That's a good idea, thanks :smile: I will think about something I can do..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending